Draining the fuel

BadObsessionRcn

My 87 GN has been sitting for a while and I want to drain the fuel. I was going to pull the fuel line off of the filter and put a hose into a gas can. Then power up the pump. My question is what wires are positive and negative to the pump if I power it at the pigtail under the car?

:confused:

My car sat for over a year while my soon to be ex held it hostage. It had 1/2 tank of 114 in it too. I drained it all out at the fuel rail into a can using a jumper wire from the black single wire FP connector by the alternator. I then changed the filter and it is good to go. Good luck

clarification...

buickboy said:
My car sat for over a year while my soon to be ex held it hostage. It had 1/2 tank of 114 in it too. I drained it all out at the fuel rail into a can using a jumper wire from the black single wire FP connector by the alternator. I then changed the filter and it is good to go. Good luck

Thanks for the reply. I bought it new in 86. The car is 100% stock. I have never worked on it other than plugs and wires, oil and filter. So, I am not that familar with the engine compartment. How can I identify the fp conector. I don't want to do any damage to other components by jumping 12 volts to the wrong wire.

FP connector is a single wire black in color connector that will accept a standard size female spade connector. It is rectangular in shape and is down on the drivers side of the alternator/A/C comp. Jumper it to the POS post on the rear of the alternator. Connect a piece of 3/8 ID clear vinyl hose with a clamp to the fuel rail port and pump away.

Mitch