Drain tube...

bogies87

This is just a fyi for those chasing and fixing oil leaks. Make sure to check the turbo oil drain tube (where it meets the turbo). I was assembling my engine and happened to check it and boy was it not square. Uts fixed now... hopefully one less oil leak.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It's amazing how easy it is for the 'ears' to bend down. Back when I ran a stock drain tube I was going to bend mine down a little so I'd have a little preload. I was expecting a fight bu those things bent like butter.

My fix was to bend the ears down a little below flush, smear a thin film of orange RTV on the turbo and the drain tube, let it dry. smear some of both sides of the gasket and let it dry too. Then assemble.

After one or two heat cycles I snugged the bolts down and it was oil tight after that.

Thats a good idea. I will try that on this time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I also had a problem with my turbo drain until I used the stage8 bolts. Now my turbo is dry as can be. No rtv no silicon.

image-2082720299.jpg

Slapped mine on a belt sander, now it's flat and dry after many times on and off with the same gasket and no silicone.