Dragstrip near Wake County NC?

80sportcoupe

I'd like to take my kid to a local drag race- he's starting to get interested in cars. Anybody know any tracks closer than Rockingham? Any recommendations on spectator-friendly events?

Thanks,
George

Hey there...

THere is benson, fayetteville, greensboro (i think) all have the test and tune nights. Thursdays I beleive..

There is a Buick/SyTy/TTA shootout in Farmington off of I 40 in November as well.

Thanks for the info. I may try to make the shootout, I'd like to see how you guys are running. Heck, the regal's conversion might even be done by then. :eek:

I am not running at the moment but hope to be by the farmington thing.. What are you doing with the regal?

Putting the carb/turbo draw-thru setup away for a rainy day in favor of an 87 SFI/IC setup. TA49, 009, THDP, etc. Been a long project. Turbo Tune in greensboro is doing the engine. Hopefully will be on the road and being broken in by Nov.

So it's a stock apprearing early TR with a 1/2 vinyl top & 14" wheels with a surprise under the hood. Still working out the details on the tranny and diff.

Sounds good.. I have been to T-TUne for a dyno.. Mark seems like good people and knows his stuff. Good luck and hope to see you out there...

Originally posted by 80sportcoupe
Putting the carb/turbo draw-thru setup away for a rainy day in favor of an 87 SFI/IC setup. TA49, 009, THDP, etc. Been a long project. Turbo Tune in greensboro is doing the engine. Hopefully will be on the road and being broken in by Nov.

So it's a stock apprearing early TR with a 1/2 vinyl top & 14" wheels with a surprise under the hood. Still working out the details on the tranny and diff.

Sounds like an interesting hybrid project. A friend of mine hopes to have his '68 Firebird with a '87 TR motor at the Farmington event. Same motor went 127mph in his GN.

K.