Drag radial mileage

'87 Turbo "T"

What a complete shitshow!!
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I have MT ET Street SS on my T. I was wondering what the mileage I would get out of the tire regularly driving on them. Not a daily driver, just a regular cruiser.

Minimal track time. Just driving. I put the Cooper Cobras back on & even in third if she gets too much boost, they just spin.

I wouldn’t care so much if they weren’t so hard to come by. Back ordered & never knowing when you may get a set.

Thanks.

Fair enough thanks. Maybe one day they'll be easier to get. Not like MT seems to have been on that ball for a long time now though.

Do you guys keep them on all the time you drive or do you switch back and forth between regular radials?

I'd like to keep the drag radials on as the regular radials lose grip easier than I'd like.

How bad is the backorder now? If I need new tires in a year, is it time to order them already?

How bad is the backorder now? If I need new tires in a year, is it time to order them already?
To be honest with you, it may not be the worst idea. I called MT, looked at Summit, JEGS, the vendors off of the MT site, etc last year & they were BO'd for months then. That was in 2021. Doesn't seem to have gotten any better. I lucked upon set locally. I run the 255/60-15 so the other sizes. may be more available.

I run the same size. I should have a year or two left in mine, but I might order a set later this summer just in case.