Drag Front Tires ??? - Please Help ???

strikeeagle

For those of you who run drag front tires, what is your combination? I am currently running 27.0x4.5-15 Goodyear Eagle Frontrunners with 28.0/10.5-15 Mickey Thompson ET Drags out back. I need a new set of fronts and am open to size and manufacturer/model. What are you guys running? Thanks very much for your thoughts!

For years I used front runners, but after a couple of flats, I went to M/T sportsman on the front. A sharp stone can easily puncture it.

The tread and a stronger tire give me much more confidence at 150 MPH! :biggrin:

For years I used front runners, but after a couple of flats, I went to M/T sportsman on the front. A sharp stone can easily puncture it.

The tread and a stronger tire give me much more confidence at 150 MPH! :biggrin:

Nick,

Would you be using the 26X7.50/15, 8 ply? What are you running on the rear? I've been reluctant to use 26's up front as they seem so short, but I note many (a majority of the heavy hitters?) of Buick racers seem to use them and 27" tires are few and far between.