dr tires 4 16x8 gta's

pm87tb

I need to buy tires. I have for fronts and i would like to run a 245 or a 255 on the front but on the rear i would like a 295-50-16 or a 315-45 16 i want to fill up the rear wheel well with out rubbing. Can you guys give me you opinion on these sizes? Pics from the side and rear would help to. Also who has the best prices?

Thanks
Pernell

You're going to need spacer for anything bigger than a 255 50 16 in the rear. I run 245 50 15 in the front & 255 50 16 BFG Drag Radial in the rear and it rubs a bit around right turns.

I can understand that. There is a thread in this section somewhere where people were putting 295 50 16's on i think. However, they either had widened GTA wheels or spacers. Do a search, I'm sure that thread will give you some help.

I am currently running a 275/55/16 M&H Drag radial. They are very close to rubbing the frame, so I normally run a 3/16" Spacer on the street. Our track is not known for good prep & the wind is usually blowing sand around out there so no one really gets a good 60', 1st time out with them I got a 1.73 on the tbrake. Last time out I was able to get a 1.77 60' off the tbrake. They are around 3 years old & very little tread left on them. Going to get a set of 275/60/15's BFG DRs on a set of 15" Trans am rims & see how those work out.

Oh & as far as running spacers, don't do that at the track if it's prepped well. Pacecarta has a video somewhere of him breaking the studs and losing a wheel because of a spacer, he was running moser studs & DRs as well:eek:

I can understand that. There is a thread in this section somewhere where people were putting 295 50 16's on i think. However, they either had widened GTA wheels or spacers. Do a search, I'm sure that thread will give you some help.

I will go thru that tread again. Thanks
I am currently running a 275/55/16 M&H Drag radial. They are very close to rubbing the frame, so I normally run a 3/16" Spacer on the street. Our track is not known for good prep & the wind is usually blowing sand around out there so no one really gets a good 60', 1st time out with them I got a 1.73 on the tbrake. Last time out I was able to get a 1.77 60' off the tbrake. They are around 3 years old & very little tread left on them. Going to get a set of 275/60/15's BFG DRs on a set of 15" Trans am rims & see how those work out.

I dont like spacers. I will have to see what my options are. I want to get a set of widend rear wheels but the budget doesn't allow for that right now. I can buy a set of good tires and i just dont want to mail order and get the wrong size.
Thanks