Downpipe donut gasket

kwiktsi

What is everybody using? I just replaced mine with I believe a walker part and it was extremely soft compared to what I remember them being. Didn't last 3 days before crushing and falling apart. Are there any out there that are better than others?

Anybody know? I'd like to get this ordered today. The last one was a Walker 31511 and was extremely soft. Saw it crushing after the first day of use and is completely destroyed now with less than 30 miles on it.

I've only bought them in a Felpro Turbo kit or individually from highway stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I just spent $26 on a turbo gasket kit that I don't need to get the felpro gasket from Cotton's lol. I saw the one on highway star and saw the gm number but didn't specify if it was a real gm part or just used the number for ID purposes.

The walker one that I bought and the one that was in there completely crushed flat and the ring fell out. Starting to wonder if it's possible that the housing was ported too much and that's causing the problem. I'll have to inspect it better next time I pull it.

I've ported those elbows before never had any issue with the gasket. IMO the single gasket from Highway stars was identical to the Felpro gasket I've used. It could very well be a GM part. Glen sells top notch items! Once you pull a used gasket out the ring always tends to fall off. I've reused them before with a little copper rtv but would recommend a new one!

I've ported those elbows before never had any issue with the gasket. IMO the single gasket from Highway stars was identical to the Felpro gasket I've used. It could very well be a GM part. Glen sells top notch items! Once you pull a used gasket out the ring always tends to fall off. I've reused them before with a little copper rtv but would recommend a new one!

This is what the one that was in it when I bought it came out looking like. The one I put in it started looking like that after the first drive, now I don't even see it there anymore. I'll know when I pull it apart if it is still there, just crushed or broke up and blew out the exhaust. 20160320_133217.jpg