Down Pipes

badtbuick

Question I am new to the group an wondering what is the best down pipe out there
I have a 87 with a stage 1 block stroked with m and a heads atr headers and a 64-1 turbo
I have a atr down pipe now but the flange is need of repair and the wastgate needs work so I thought it would be easier to replace it

Your choices are limited since you have ATR headers, but the good news is the RJC or G-Body DP, will fit your headers, and is the best DP ever produced and it is completely built in the USA! :)

Question I am new to the group an wondering what is the best down pipe out there
I have a 87 with a stage 1 block stroked with m and a heads atr headers and a 64-1 turbo
I have a atr down pipe now but the flange is need of repair and the wastgate needs work so I thought it would be easier to replace it

I would fix or have a shop fix what you have..way cheaper than plunking down $500 or so for a good 3" down pipe.

I would fix or have a shop fix what you have..way cheaper than plunking down $500 or so for a good 3" down pipe.
X2, take it to a welding shop and let them quote it, at least you will get a number that will help you decide.

If the wastegate is really bad, and the welding job costs big $ (it truly shouldn't, but I have met guys who wouldn't fire up the welder for less than $200) then Nick is 100% right. The RJC pipe is a work of art for sure. I can post or send pics if you want to see one, or check out http://rjcracing.com/product/downpipes/

If the wastegate is really bad, and the welding job costs big $ (it truly shouldn't, but I have met guys who wouldn't fire up the welder for less than $200) then Nick is 100% right. The RJC pipe is a work of art for sure. I can post or send pics if you want to see one, or check out http://rjcracing.com/product/downpipes/
I checked out the site and leads me to another question I have aftermarket wastegate on my dp the one rjc has uses the factory actuator how good is that, will it support my turbo or do I need to stay with the type of wastegate I have

We have no idea what WG you have, so hard to decide. :)

Is it an ATR, like the headers and DP?

20140806_173638.jpg Here is a picture of the wg

Attachments

• 20140806_173638.jpg
    20140806_173638.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 101