down pipes

87gn1

i have been trying to get a 3 down pipe and test pipe for my 87 gn every one i seem to call is out is there a down side to going to a 3.5 besides the coin it will cost me . these seem to be very available .

What is your current setup? What are your goals? 3.5 may be overkill, but need more info.

the car as of right now is all stock i have only had it a couple of months my question for the 3.5 down pipe it is the only one that i can find . ive contacted rjc / full throttle/ gbody parts/ t/a performance /and a few others .the reason for replacing is because after looking over the car found that the top of the cat was totally rusted off thought i would do the down pipe and test pipe at the same time . i didnt think it would be this hard to find one or i wouldnt have removed the old stuff .lesson learned car is sitting . thanks for all your help and info in advance .

i did not truly need the 3.5 i bought. and hindsight i should have kept the
3"atr.

on mine, the 3.5" is very tight, it is less than a 1/8" from frame and i think this was my knock issue.

so my bright arsh just went to a different turbo setup and now it rubs the frame so i beat it, beat it and now its cracked...

so i would say buy a 3"

i did not truly need the 3.5 i bought. and hindsight i should have kept the
3"atr.

on mine, the 3.5" is very tight, it is less than a 1/8" from frame and i think this was my knock issue.

so my bright arsh just went to a different turbo setup and now it rubs the frame so i beat it, beat it and now its cracked...

so i would say buy a 3"

Whos 3.5" do you have? how bad is the damage? Is it for sale?

Bryan

it is a gn1 with 3bolt collector and bung about 10" from collector
not sure what i am gonna do:confused: