down pipe

timdesu2000

Anyone using the TA Performance 3 inch down pipe? If so how is the fit and quality? Any issues with the puck seizing? Thanks, Tim

Can't tell you anything about the puck issue but I have the TA pipe on my car and was installed by Otto's Performance. It was one he recommended so I think he would want to go with the best product that he knows will give him the least amount of trouble to install......probably from past experience I'm guessing.

Hope this helps.

Can't tell you anything about the puck issue but I have the TA pipe on my car....

Could you tell us your driving impression of this performance part? How was the level of performance increase, turbine spool up, boost pressure change, etc?

Thank you
~JM~

Wish I could say

Because it was pretty much a stock WE4 with some old chip in it and a K&N. Then I brought it down to Otto for a tune and to find out what the strange noise I was getting from the top end could be and we decided that we would do a cam and lifters......nope still noisy.....damn, so the decision was made and I had him pull the motor and bring it to a machine shop he recommended near him (stock rebuild nothing special) and then back to him for everything in my signature below. So I went from ho hum to Holy $hit real quick! I can say with out the cat and a stock exhaust and the 3" TA down pipe, she sounds nice! My buddy who went with me to pick it up said it spooled up quickly compared to his stock 46K GN after letting him test drive it when we got home.

Got to enjoy it for 2 days and then the turbo went south:frown: Now I'm going another step with a CAS V4 stock location IC and a 6262 very soon. :eek: Didn't even get bored with the new set up and now I'm looking at a few more HP to get used to!

Oh sorry I forgot....running about 22/23 lbs boost

The TA pipe is nice, drops right in with no problems or drama. It fits better than my THDP does. I'll be going to one here soon hopefully. The dump pipe is nice too. Comes with hardware to install as well.

Works good too.

What I like to hear. I like the fact that it has the test pipe with a dump included. Im really looking at this piece and want to make sure before spending that kind of money and then have isues.
THanks for all the input.

To me they seem very close. The TA comes with the test pipe and dump for a touch more than just the pipe from RJC.