Double Stangs loose twice

ULYCYC

Driving home from our local meet(Bellmore) Fri night. I stopped at a light and two Mustangs with fire extinguishers holders (rollbars) stopped on both sides of me. When the light changed and by 2 gear I was 6 cars ahead of them. Then another GN from our group pulled up and lined up with them a few lights down. He beat them by 2 car lengths. Getting beat twice by Buicks really made there night;)

Originally posted by ULYCYC
Getting beat twice by Buicks really made there night;)

That'd really bust my bubble if it happened to me.

Congratulations.

Originally posted by ULYCYC
fire extinguishers holders

Ricers call them "A-pillars". Fools - next one I see I'm gonna rip it off and beat them over the head with it. Why bolt fire extinguishers to your a-pillars (some do BOTH)? Call me old fashioned, but mine's in my trunk. When I finally put the 6-point bar in, maybe I'll strap one to it.

Good kills.....

Jim

I love hearing about a Rustang getting beat by a Buick GN. I know some people that think there Mustangs are the fastest things on the road and when I tell them to find a GN to race they just think its going to be an easy kill. They say, "It's just a 6cyl." Thats when I say, "Yeah a 6cyl. that will eat you alive." They don't like it to much when they lose to them. I think its the best thing in the world. Good kill man. :D

Would be glad to run any mid 11 second GN on the street, street tire for street tire :) And its just a little itty bitty *Mustake* :rolleyes:..Ready Alex?!?! :):) And not all Mustang owners think they have the fastest car on the road..the ones who do, are usually between the ages of 16-19 and have CAI, Pulleys, Exhaust, Gears, and still run 14's cause they cant drive. Ive also met people with GN's that think they have the best car (and also dont know what Turbo they have, you dont have a T72 with a .60 A/R lol).

Well, it is true that not all Mustang owners think that they are the fastest thing on the road. But the only one that I know of in my area that has respect for a Turbo 6cyl. is my friend Brian. He has an '89 LX coupe and has run a best of 13.6x with slicks. Not bad at all in my book. He does have a lot of respect for the GN though. He has even said with as well as his car is running he wouldn't want to run against many of the GN's out there.:cool: But like I said before there aren't many Stang owners that I know that feel that a Turbo 6cyl. is worth anything.:mad: That is until they line up next to a Buick GN and feel its power. A Buick GN will never die. :) Oh by the way what are your Stang's running SprchrgdPony?

Re: Re: Double Stangs loose twice

Originally posted by turbojimmy

Ricers call them "A-pillars". Fools - next one I see I'm gonna rip it off and beat them over the head with it. Why bolt fire extinguishers to your a-pillars (some do BOTH)?

Thats for when they over cook the rice.:D

Originally posted by Silver97Camaro
I know some people that think there Mustangs are the fastest things on the road

There are people on this very board who think the same about turbo Regals.

Originally posted by Silver97Camaro
Oh by the way what are your Stang's running SprchrgdPony?

Which one? Have 3? Well, 2 after June 5th.

94 has gone a best of 13.5 @ 114 w/ 2.2 60' <~~ 11 sec mph, on 6cyls (stock block, leaned out and melted cyl 7,8 pistons), stock injectors, FMU, 6# Boost (stock SN93, no Powerpipe), Catted H-pipe, 295 Comp T/A's... now it has a SN93 VR4 that makes anywhere from 6-9# Boost with 36# Injectors, custom chip, X-pipe, 4 Inch Powerpipe, and a few other things. The setup is good for mid 11's all day.

No times will be discussed for the 87, but it runs very strong for a N/A 302 and ALOT stronger with the nitous. Will run with alot of GN's on motor alone :)

88 is a project car right now so there are no times, but the setup on motor is good for 13's...12's on motor. But its a daily driven convertable, and doesnt need to go faster then what its gonna be built for.

New project after the 94, is going to be a 87-89 LX with a rebuilt Turbocoupe motor. Should run in the 13.xx area after its built..then into the 12's with a bit of nitrous.

Any more ?'s ?

Not knocking Mustangs as I can attest that there are some very quick ones out there, just saying that the ratio of quick mustangs to mustangs with a serious idiot behind the wheel, is extremely high. This is not meant as a disrespect to any mustang owner that may be reading this (unless of course you are a total idiot) just stating the facts.

If it makes you feel any better, the next highest ratio would be Camaro owners (under 25).

Of course this doesn't include the ricers since they are now making the SUV owners look like top fuel drivers...............LOL

94 has gone a best of 13.5 @ 114

May be a dumb question but what is a owner of three mustangs doing on a Buick forum? Looking for tips? Ahh must be GN envy.

lrover2 I have to agree 100% with you. I can tell you I want a GN SO BAD!!!! I mean a turbo 6cyl. for the street that can run with the best of them. Now that's what I'm talking about!:cool:

Want a GN? No. Why Im on this site? Because i know guys on here who own GN's. GN Envy? LOL...thats funny. You sound like a member of Supraforums. *Your on our site, you must want a Supra!* :rolleyes:

Your on our site, you must want a Supra!*

Doesnt take much to get you ponies fired up does it. As far as the Supra yea I wouldnt mind one but I dont go hanging out on Supra site and start talking smack if I couldnt back it up. Ride on dude.

May be a dumb question but what is a owner of three mustangs doing on a Buick forum? Looking for tips? Ahh must be GN envy.

I love hearing about a Rustang getting beat by a Buick GN. I know some people that think there Mustangs are the fastest things on the road and when I tell them to find a GN to race they just think its going to be an easy kill. They say, "It's just a 6cyl." Thats when I say, "Yeah a 6cyl. that will eat you alive." They don't like it to much when they lose to them. I think its the best thing in the world. Good kill man. :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I love hearing about a Rustang getting beat by a Buick GN

Its all in fun... Everybody loves what they have and thats why they make different cars. I wouldnt mind getting an SVO for my grocery getter. They had the right idea when they built that one.
A real sleeper.

Re: I love hearing about a Rustang getting beat by a Buick GN

Originally posted by lrover2
I wouldnt mind getting an SVO for my grocery getter. They had the right idea when they built that one.
A real sleeper.

Indeed! Will be building a little 2.3L-T mustang in a few months..with simple mods (and alot of stock parts), then run 12's on just boost. I know a guy with stock head/intake/stock internals/stock turbo, 8.8 rear with 3.55's, TC T-5, U/D Pulleys, Exhaust, Ignition, FMIC, and a NX 50 shot and runs high 11's on spray, and mid 12's on boost (24#'s). Cant wait til this project will start and finish :) Tag will read.. GT KILR :)

It's almost depressing to see so many mean comments flying around about cars we don't

Here is another one. Am I missing something here? JR no one is throwing "mean" comments around just a little friendly chat. In fact I thought we were coexisting very nicely.

Very long winded and nothing really said or at least I didn’t pay attention. Yes you have a nice car too. Can’t we all just get along?

Reply to "JUST HERE" post

This is a section for kill posts and fish stories. Almost every board has one from Saturn's to Ferraris. It's fun to read and join in the truth or bull. If it offends you then subscribe to a mailing list and post about your spark plug gaps.