double pumper

gn1160

Just installed new racetronix double pumper and their plug and play harness. Both pumps would run at first, now only one pump will come on. Any ideas? Power at both jumper narness and both fuses are good.

^ you can run both pumps all the time. thats the way to go IMOP

One pump for street cruising is more than enough! Bring the second pump it at 12-15 lbs of boost. Two pumps running at cruise is a complete waste, and makes absolutely no sense.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

I like the KISS idea.....keep it simple stupid

While the idea of having a Hobbs switch to cut the other fuel pump on at X lbs of boost is great the fact is something as simple as a failed switch, relay etc etc. can cause that second pump to never come on. And I bet 80% of the people here wouldn't notice it until it was too late.

The downsides of two pumps running all the time are far less IMHO.

Ahhh . . The single vs DP discussion.

Both work and either makes sense. A failed hobs switch could take out a motor . . . As could a weak pump, a bad tune, or a stuck injector.
There are simply way to many variables and "what ifs" for each strategy to make an argument on "better".

I am biased to the DP because it makes a lot more sense to me. Racetronix via Fullthrottle would be the way to go. Of course, you can always build one, or get one from a non vendor. Lol

Wait a minute. . . .
What was the question? ???

Two pumps running on the street is overkill. not needed. I have seen these tests being done @ Racetronix when we were testing mine. You would be surprised at how fast the fuel in the tank gets hot with both pumps going, now imagine driving the car for a good long cruise....... I don't understand the concept of running that much fuel while just cruising. The myth about hobb switches seemed to have originated back in the day with Reds double pumper and couldn't be anymore untrue then as it is today. They are very reliable. Too many people taint information based on their perception, not of their experience, then others read it, and run with it as though it's the gospel. I have A LOT to lose with my build, and the hobb switch turning on my 2nd pump is the least of my worries. Been using hobb switches from back in the early 90's and never had one fail on me yet. Just my 2 cents.

Two pumps running on the street is overkill. not needed. I have seen these tests being done @ Racetronix when we were testing mine. You would be surprised at how fast the fuel in the tank gets hot with both pumps going, now imagine driving the car for a good long cruise....... I don't understand the concept of running that much fuel while just cruising. The myth about hobb switches seemed to have originated back in the day with Reds double pumper and couldn't be anymore untrue then as it is today. They are very reliable. Too many people taint information based on their perception, not of their experience, then others read it, and run with it as though it's the gospel. I have A LOT to lose with my build, and the hobb switch turning on my 2nd pump is the least of my worries. Been using hobb switches from back in the early 90's and never had one fail on me yet. Just my 2 cents.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE! I' still running my original double pumper setup and hobbs switch that's been in there and trouble free from the mid 90's!

running both pumps all the time is a very bad idea, fuel will get very hot, pumps will fail because of the heat, the fuel is what cools them. The hobbs switches are proven ans work well
Mike

No E85 where I live but been running E50 with the Reds double pumper setup with no problems so far, if that helps.