Double line wastegate

jgines

CaTcH mE iF yOu CaN
I know this topic was in a thread before but I cant seem to find it so....

Are both lines needed? If i remember correctly in a past thread that ony one was needed. Can someone please clarify if both are needed or just one is and if it is one which one do you need. Thanks in advance.

John

On my GN, both hoses are hooked up. I know once before I had a boost issue and found that one of the hoses was not connected. To be able to run one hose, you would probably need to run some type of boost control device.?

Do away with the line going to the vacuum port on the TB.
Be sure and cap off the port on the vacuum block.
The same thing as using the 87 single line wastegate actuator.

John Craig told me it had something to to with the emissions of the car. Not needed according to him. One of my three hotairs have them both hooked up and boost control is the same on all three.

The stock waste gate had two vac lines on it. The adj. waste gate act has only one. I will post on another thread tomorrow as to where all the vacuum(sp) go and the one line for an adj waste gate which needs to be capped at the unit on top of the throttle body. If you have an adj. waste gate-the nipple on the unit ontop of the throttle body where the old waste gate line was needs to be capped securily. Otherwise the car will drive terribly. Brad

PLEASE post pics :D Im still learning. Right now everything im reading makes me go:confused:

Do you have the vacuum route map on your radiator? This shows the entire vacuum line routes. I can send you a pic of the vacuum map or help you read yours. Pics are not possible. The map will show the double vac waste gate setup. Let me know- Brad

dont got that pic on radiator. Which ports on vac block do I cap off? The ports that i do cap off where are they suppose to go and do i have to cap off where that line is suppose to go?

Are you trying to run all your vacuum lines or just do away with the extra wastegate line and cap off the vacuum block. Anything that needs vacuum goes to the vacuum block, if you have holes left on the block, then cap them up. You shouldn't have to cap anything beside the vacuum block. I mean anything that would cause problems not hooked up to the vacuum block is most likely something you need a vacuum line hooked up to it. Are questioning a certain accessary, in example the cruise control, fuel canister, pvc valve, etc. HTH, Nick

Hey Brad you emailed me a picture of the vacuum routing diagram:confused: I didn't need a pic man, did you get jgines one? Maybe you messed up our email addresses. Later, Nick

This is creepy! I had two members within the last four days looking for a pic of the vacuume(sp?) on an 85 gn/ttype. OK thats great! I went to the local Post office in Gilberts IL(small small) and was flagged down by another 85 GN owner from MO who has an original 85 in need of repair. The first thing he wanted was a pic of the vacume lines. Sent him his pic via e-mail. Brad