Door weatherstripping

save yourself a HUGE headache...spend the money ONCE with the GM stuff highway stars has.....or be like me and buy the right stuff after having a bad experience with aftermarket junk

you could try posting in the WTB section. I got some for about half price that a member had that sold his car. The old saying: the cheapest ain't always the best and the best ain't always the cheapest.

There are no worthy aftermarket strips out there. GM has reproduction door seals out there but I see no TR vendor carrying it so it's likely crap. Stay well away from Fairchild soft door seals. They will rip at the screw holes plus the included screws will scratch the shit out of your b pillar trim the first time you close your doors. The "washer" that is supposed to reinforce the screw location will likely tear and fall out. The other advantage of the roof rail GM seals is your glass will rest against the weatherstrip tightly and you wont have to listen to wind noise on the highway and water will stay out. Soft seals will not do this because there is no backbone causing gaps between the seal and glass. Spend the money or suffer vast disappointment boss.

I also need the outter window dew strip/weatherstripping, whats the best option for those?

I just need the vertical section of the B-pillar--where the trailing edge of the door glass contacts the pillar--but I can't seem to find JUST that piece. I assume for a T-top car, I need to buy a weatherstrip that runs from the B-pillar up across the roof to the center "rail" of the T-top, up to the front top of the windshield, and back out to the top of the A-pillar...am I correct, or can you buy only the vertical sections at the B-pillars?

You need to get the whole thing. Since you have a T top car like I do, you're essentially screwed. The NOS seals are the only way to go. I tried the ones from G Body and they were very problematic. Highway Stars only has the hard top seals in stock. Like others said, put up a wanted thread and see if you can get some. Also as others have said, be prepared to receive them dried out and somewhat out of form. I have sprayed the hell out of mine with 303 Aerospace protectant and also coated them with silicone grease to keep them good.

One thing to consider when people complain of wind noise and not being able to adjust the window to where it seals is the door hinges. After 30 years of a heavy door hanging on these hinges they may need some attention themselves in the form of adjustment, new pins or even hinge replacement.