door speekers.

N

needboost

how do you get the door speekers out? stupid me was thinkign of my monte again and i went out and bought 3½'s for the front and didnt even know that they were tweeters!!! i have the 3½'s in now and they sound like crap so the ol' delco tweeters are going back in. so i'm gonna do the door speekers does that little thing just pop out?

You have to remove the door panel to get the speaker out. And its a shallow 5.25".

There is a hole in door that the basket fits into for the factory driver but if you want to go to a larger driver, custom door pods would be an alternative or kick panel pods which would be less work and sound awesome.

how do they look? so when i get speekers i got to get a special size?

Cerwin Vega Stealth Series speakers fit well in the stock Concert II pods & are a VERY well built / high sound quality piece.

Doug C.

i'm a pioneer fan, does anyone have a model # for the door or should i just wait and get components?

Originally posted by needboost
should i just wait and get components?

Thats totally up to you, you will need more room to install component sets verses a coaxial do to the tweeter being seperate driver from the mid. I like components better because I can aim tweeter in the direction that I want. If you want to go with the the concert II factory location, you can strip the factory carpeting off the plastic grills and replace with black grill cloth so the drivers can "breath". The factory carpet "muffles" the sound too much and you will hear the sound coming out of them much better with the grill cloth covers.

this is confusing. i mean i want to use the stock location cause all and all the speekers didnt sound bad. well after the 4x10's came out. and the tweeters sound real good. i just want real clear sound.

i'll give you the run down on my system if you want to call it that

kenwood kdc-mp0817
pioneers 6x9's (right under the premeirs)
i'm eventuraly going to get 1 10" solo