door labels

mybuick

intercooled engines rule!
on my 84 there was the info lables and there was a square label on my driver door but all of them was painted over.. i am getting new lables but i need to know what was the square label??? maby somebody else has or had this other label????? it was 1 inch by 1 inch my, car was sold in austin texas new in 4/84 and built 3/84 i would like to get the original paperwork but buick don't have a historic sociaty like pontiac does...

Sorry dont have the answer, but was wondering how do you go about getting new labels for the drverside door for your car??

Yeah they are the Tire Info and GVWR Stickers. A thread over on T6P shows what mine used to look like.

I would suspect alot of the tire and GVWR you could get from a GM Service Manual (or from asking the parts guy at a service center to look it up in the archives).

The mfgr date I'm not sure where you would get from? I think GM would be the only one who could determine that from a VIN.

MorBiD

The mfgr date I'm not sure where you would get from? I think GM would be the only one who could determine that from a VIN.

The build date is on the cowl tag on the firewall. Its in code. There will be a combination number and letter code stamped in the upper left side of the tag telling what week of what month.

The build date is on the cowl tag on the firewall. Its in code. There will be a combination number and letter code stamped in the upper left side of the tag telling what week of what month.

Well La-de-da, who would've thought. Thanks for the info now I can order me some new door tags to, so my replacements will look official like :biggrin: