Donut Derelicts car show, this Sat morning anyone?

Lou, it was an enjoyable evening with you, your wife and your "champion" Kevin!

As far as the Camaro, I was excited to see and learn new and better concepts and methods which we can apply to our customer cars and ours as well. :)

I have enough trouble with a keyboard, but this IPad really, really sucks, :(

Last edited:
Here's one from about 9 years..
100_0966.JPG

I remember this day;)

I remember that day too. I've still got pics. We need to do this one again sometime.
Ralph, Do you want to have a get together? I hear that you've got a new pizza place near So Coast Plaza.;) I'll be doing my yearly Turbo Buick swap meet and BBQ sometime in October.

Mike B.

Here we have Lou's 1957 Chevy with a LS engine, and Mean Chicken looking for his next victim!

LOU'S 57 CHEV.jpg
MEAN CHICKEN.jpg

Had a great time this morning. We ended up with two TTAs, two GNs and an old 57 cheby. Plus a few other TB owners who showed up.
I've got a few pics I'll load up.

So, as I'm walking back to my GN this morning, I see some dude staring at the engine quite intensely, with his hands on his hips.
Me: "How's it going?"
Him: "OK."
Silence for about five seconds as he continues to scan my engine compartment. Must be looking for the missing two cylinders, I figured.
Him: "Is this yours"?
Me: "Yep! Do you have any questions"?
Silence for another five seconds, as he ponders to get the words out.
Him: "Yea! What the heck do you guys do to these things to make them so F#@%in fast"?

He then goes on to tell me a story about how he modded his prize 72 Corvette with a stroker SBC that laid down 450 HP. He was untouchable on the street, racking up many kills with everything that crossed his path. Until one day...:D

He was prowling the streets of Lake Forest, and pulled up next to some ratty old black car at a light. The black brick did a quick rev at him. Not one to back down when having sand kicked in the direction of his Stingray. When the light turned green, he threw everything but the kitchen sink at it. He was quite shocked to see the beater with purple window tint next to him as he hit second gear. He was even more horrified when this whistling Monte left him like he was standing still and handed him his first ever loss. :eek: He told me that all he remembers, is seeing a quick glimpse of a badge and tail light going away fast. He was able to just read the badge. It read "Grand National"...

Me: With a big grin, I said "Congratulations, it sounds like you met up with Mean Chicken"... "Is this the car that humbled your Vette"? As I pointed to the Chicken Coup, parked just in front of my GN.

I'll let Tim chime in from here.:chicken:

Haha!
That was priceless to run into a kill from the past.
I asked him where his Vette was.....he pointed me in the right direction so I went over and looked at it.
Totally recognized it.

At the end of the show as we were getting ready to leave, he came back by and asked which direction I was going.
I said that way.....then he said, well then I'm going that way as he pointed in the opposite direction LOL