Donut Derelicts car show, this Sat morning anyone?

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
We haven't had a DD get together in a while. I know it's a last minute thing. Nick Micale and his wife will driving out tomorrow from the 140 degree temps of Arizona, to stay the week here in So Cal. I told him that I was going to drag him out to the Donut Derelict's car show http://donutderelicts.com/ for some automotive eye candy. We'll be in my GN. If anyone else wants to join in the fun, It would be great. For those that have never gone, it's a must see. It's free to get in. You need to get there by about 6:00 AM to get a good spot. If you get there late, it's no big deal. just park where you can or across the street. The show is all done by about 9:00 AM. Last Saturday, Chip Foose was walking around.

I'll bring my Gopro and snap a few shots.:)

Mike Barnard

As of right now, it looks like Lou's going to bring his 57 cheby. The Chicken said that he'd bring the chicken coup. Ralph is out of town but said that he'd ask Beto and a few others if they were interested. Gary said that he'd try to make it. Myself and Nick Micale will be there with my GN. :)

I just had the Buick out for a couple days of DD & put it back to bed.
If i make it, it will be in the Cad.

Do you guys do this on a Sunday ? I am at work on Saturdays.

It's a Saturday AM show. It happens every Saturday, all year. 90% of the cars there are American made. Great show.

Post it on the big board tool bag you might get somebody from Kansas to drive out:D:eek:

HAVE FUN GUYS

Picking up the car this weekend from New Mexico and headed back to Barstow with it. Can't wait to start hitting events like these.

Had a great time this morning. We ended up with two TTAs, two GNs and an old 57 cheby. Plus a few other TB owners who showed up.
I've got a few pics I'll load up.

So, as I'm walking back to my GN this morning, I see some dude staring at the engine quite intensely, with his hands on his hips.
Me: "How's it going?"
Him: "OK."
Silence for about five seconds as he continues to scan my engine compartment. Must be looking for the missing two cylinders, I figured.
Him: "Is this yours"?
Me: "Yep! Do you have any questions"?
Silence for another five seconds, as he ponders to get the words out.
Him: "Yea! What the heck do you guys do to these things to make them so F#@%in fast"?

He then goes on to tell me a story about how he modded his prize 72 Corvette with a stroker SBC that laid down 450 HP. He was untouchable on the street, racking up many kills with everything that crossed his path. Until one day...:D

He was prowling the streets of Lake Forest, and pulled up next to some ratty old black car at a light. The black brick did a quick rev at him. Not one to back down when having sand kicked in the direction of his Stingray. When the light turned green, he threw everything but the kitchen sink at it. He was quite shocked to see the beater with purple window tint next to him as he hit second gear. He was even more horrified when this whistling Monte left him like he was standing still and handed him his first ever loss. :eek: He told me that all he remembers, is seeing a quick glimpse of a badge and tail light going away fast. He was able to just read the badge. It read "Grand National"...

Me: With a big grin, I said "Congratulations, it sounds like you met up with Mean Chicken"... "Is this the car that humbled your Vette"? As I pointed to the Chicken Coup, parked just in front of my GN.

I'll let Tim chime in from here.:chicken:

Last edited:
Mike, This is why I support the road warrior chicken he takes care of business you should post a picture of his steering wheel with all the notches he pecked into it with his beak every time he has a kill.:)

Mike, This is why I support the road warrior chicken he takes care of business you should post a picture of his steering wheel with all the notches he pecked into it with his beak every time he has a kill.:)

So, That's why his steering wheel looks like a tattered old rope. It all makes sense now.;)
One peck for every kill. It's a wonder there's anything left.
The dude's name with the Vette was Larry. He was a very cool dude. We ended up chatting for quite a while. I wish I would have thought to get a picture of Larry and The Chicken discussing matters. :shifty: :chicken:

Sometimes even his chickens come home to roost, Always looking over his feathers because of his highway transgressions.

I have been to many car shows around the country over the years, and this one had an overwhelming variety and number of very nice cars, and only at the SEMA show is there more!

One outstanding car is a 1969 Camaro which was completely redone and customized /modernized better than the factory, and I spent an hour with the owner going over so many details which was over-whelming!

It made sense of the quality and attention to details when the owner said he worked with Chip Foose on this project.

I highly recommend any car enthusiast visiting that area of SoCal take a Saturday morning to attend. :)

I have been to many car shows around the country over the years, and this one had an overwhelming variety and number of very nice cars, and only at the SEMA show is there more!

One outstanding car is a 1969 Camaro which was completely redone and customized /modernized better than the factory, and I spent an hour with the owner going over so many details which was over-whelming!

It made sense of the quality and attention to details when the owner said he worked with Chip Foose on this project.

I highly recommend any car enthusiast visiting that area of SoCal take a Saturday morning to attend. :)
Nick , I thought for a moment you & that Camaro owner were going to rent a hotel room together the way you both were getting along :LOL: Thanks for the dinner and the great evening. your wife is very nice & a pleasure to talk to. Hope to see you again maybe before you head back. Lou

We enjoyed the evening with you, your wife and your "champion"' Kevin!

As far as the Camaro. I was excited to see and learn new and better levels of excellence to achive for our customers cars as well as our own cars.:)

We enjoyed the evening with you, your wife and your "champion"' Kevin!

As far as the Camaro. I was excited to see and learn new and better levels of excellence to achive for our customers cars as well as our own cars.:)

His name is Calvin, Nick..... LOL:ROFLMAO: