dont want to thread bomb so this is a multi question thread

Scuffler

what size injectors were stock on the 87?
i was going to possibly get a set of 42lb injectors... what would be the benefit of the larger injectors and could/should i go bigger?
for an 87 with slight mods/stock, should i use premium gas?
what exactly is alcohol injection and how does it work?

i have many sites bookmarked for gn parts but where do you feel i could get the best dress up parts? for example chrome this, the....valve gasket covers, chrome hoses, etc?

is there anyplace i can get a detailed manual about the gn? like an owners manual of sorts but with specifics like what size injectors came stick?

sorry for all the questions but i am trying to learn about this car so i know where to take it.
you know, just buying small things here and there.

sorry for all the newb questions but you all seem to know your stuff and i have not been bashed so i will keep on.

just found out today that there is a possibility that i have the possibility to get a very substancial settlement in some time and if i get a large piece i want to take this thing all the way but things have to play out the right way.

thanks again for all your help

scuffler

28lb/hr

injectors don't make horsepower, you need to match the fuel delivery to the air delivery (heads, cam, turbo, boost, etc....) 42lb injectors (there are 2 main kinds) are a good match for the mid-size turbo upgrades.

There is no real book on this stuff, this site is a good resource along with the other web sites.

can't answer the chrome questions, I never touch the stuff...

Bob

alcohol injection is a way to spray additional fuel into the engine. Alcohol has higher octane, and cools as it evaporates.

So smaller injectors will take you further when you have alky, and you can run higher boost due to the cooling and octane enhancement.

AlkyControl (Julio aka Razor) is the most common alky kit around here, but there are others (Snow, SMC, Devils Own, and others)

Bob

If your going to upgrade injectors go with 60s, better resale value if you need to go bigger or back to stock plus lots of room to grow. Always run premium, always. Completely stock, premium. Long road trip not gonna get into boost, premium. Daily driver, premium. Alky injection lowers intake temps and increases octane allowing you to run more boost.

For dress up parts you can get them at most of the board supporting vendors like Kirban and Gbodyparts. There are several.

If you want to get to know your car go to gnttype.org and study up and do gnttype's spring cleaning on your new ride. Another great place is vortexbuicks-ect.com. There is enough study material there to keep you busy for a while. The best way to learn your way around the car is finding a local guy who knows a lot and pick his brain. Meeting other members and checking out their cars is a good way to figure out what mods are the best ones for your goals. So you need to decide what your goal is for your car before buying parts. Some sort of scan tool is a must. Scanmaster's is the more popular scan tool for street only cars. Good gauges wouldn't hurt either.

One of the best things to learn on this board is how to use the search function. Some guys will light you up if it is a subject that has been beat to death. Try not to give too much of an attitude or you won't find too many people willing to help. There was a corvette guy on here a few months back that got his ass handed to him because of his mouth and he has since disappeared. With these cars you will need the knowledge that is on this board to be able to enjoy your car.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Indeed the search function is a great thing but if you search and can't find crap don't be afraid to ask, just don't be an ass as previously stated.

For dress up parts you can get them at most of the board supporting vendors like Kirban and Gbodyparts. There are several.

If you want to get to know your car go to gnttype.org and study up and do gnttype's spring cleaning on your new ride. Another great place is vortexbuicks-ect.com. There is enough study material there to keep you busy for a while. The best way to learn your way around the car is finding a local guy who knows a lot and pick his brain.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

meeting a guy monday. the guy i got mine from hooked me up with a guy that has one with 500hp that he built and apparently he has worked on several. he's gonna help me with my fuel prob and just go through it with me. i know it's a larger turbo upgrade but i dont know what size so he is gonna help me measure to find out what size...stuff like that

You should also find out what other Turbo Regal owners are located near to you as this is a helpful resource many times.