donating a vehicle

jlat

hello people; Any of you turbo heads ever done it? If so tell me how it went..
IBBY

would never do it years ago you could say my car is worth 5 grand and get a percentage of that now you get a percentage of what they sell the car for which could be scrap which would be a percentage of under $500 .... its easier and more cost beneficial to call a tow truck company or get it to a junkyard your self

I donated a 97 grand marquis LS to a food bank years ago, it was in good shape, ran well, everything worked. I just singed over the ownership. A few weeks later the car was being used by staff and they loved it, I know others who have donated cars for scrap and the proceeds go to the charity, here they got a $300 tax receipt at the time.

With my luck? The recipient would "forget" to transfer the title, the car would be used to commit a major crime, and I'd still be the legal owner. Years ago I traded a car in to dealer and this happened to a lesser extent (parking tickets only) but several dozen of them over a couple years with lots of threatening letters from Houston traffic court...