Doh!

That GN Guy

So I've been a GN owner for about 4 days now, and I've already blown a head gasket. White smoke out of the exhaust, and comming from under the driver side header. I checked the oil and theres no water in it, and the airfuel gauge is reading just above stoich, so I'm pretty sure its the gasket. I just moved out here and don't have any tools so.... any shop recomendations? I live in kailua and the car is at honolulu airport for now.

-Pete-

Masaki's auto repair had been doing many turbo buick repairs for awhile now.

There Okuhara's machine shop that do good work. Ask for Darren.

McCully Union service station. The mechanics there are pretty good. Ask for Gail.

First off, I apologize for not calling you guys back. You all were more than helpful with giving me advice and such. I've been more buisy with my two jobs and all the studying for my flight stuff on top of my girlfriend being in town than I've ever been. It was rude of me not to return the courtesy.

I was going to post a "hey guys, when is the next time we'll all meet up" or something like that, but I blew a head gasket before I had the chance. I went with kanakakinaiahi's car figuring it was less stuff for me to buy for the car in the long run and it drove pretty nice. I appreciate the shop recomendations, I was only able to get through to Masaki's who quoted the job around 1100 before parts and machine work if necessary.

So yeah, about everything that could go wrong has gone wrong since I got here and I'm about to move back to Florida and get a job flight instructing at the school I went to. I'll get twice the hours working there and twice the pay too.

-Pete-