Does your wife/GF ride in and/or drive your TR?

The wife drove it one time doesn't want to drive it again. The first and only time she drove it she freaked out. We were at a stop sign waiting for an opening to get onto the state highway and once there was an opening she gave it more gas than needed and the turbo spooled and the car jammed her back in her seat. She immediately let off the gas causing the wastegate to flutter which made her ask what was that!!! I then said The Reason I Bought The Car. She refuses to drive it now. I think if I had some drag radials she might be a little more willing. My two boys constantly argue over who is going to get it when I die. I always tell them I am going to be buried in it.

I've been on and off with a girl for the last 3.5 years. Last year at Automotion, I let her drive mine while we were cruising at night.

She didn't like the Powermaster brakes, but when I told her to step on it (and she did) she lets off and says "How come you never hit it that hard when you're driving?"

I said "Because chicks dig it, and I'm already beating them off with a stick!" :)

This is what I hear when my wife rides in my car:

"How come the windows are so "leaky?"
"How come there's no cup holders?"
"This thing smells old inside!"
"Why does it jerk and squeal the tires when it shifts?"
"What's that little black box with the red numbers on it (scanmaster) all about?"
"I'm glad you have this thing to keep you busy, otherwise you'd drive me crazy!"

Can you tell we've been married for 20 years?

My wife gets mad if we don't take it out enough, I get the old, 'it's been weeks since we've taken the Buick' bitchy attitude.

My wife is not fond of mine now. She used to drive it and even race people...LOL. Now its "Too fast and the brakes dont feel safe" ....She just added "and its too loud".

This is odd because the Silvia she drove when we lived in Japan was stupid loud

My wife drove my original GN every day to work for the first 2 years we were married and then we sold it to buy a 4 door for our kids- we would like to get it back some time (we know where it is located- in a carport 1 hr. drive away) owner doesn't want to sell it, even though it's been parked for several years... :- (
I think she has drove the GN I currently have once or twice, but she has gone on drives several times with me...

My wife acts like she hates the car.
Then she had to drive it for a couple days and her tune and the car's tune changed.
I dropped the boost to about 14psi so she wouldn't go nuts.
By the second day she was like, I was making it boost across the intersection...WTF

I must be in the minority. My wife hates it. Absolutely despises it. She calls it that "Black B!TCH". Hates riding in it. She would never drive it unless she needed to move it around the driveway. Hates how fast it is and has punched me in the shoulder repeatedly whenever I get on it. It scares her, quite honestly. She has an unrealistic fear of being in a car accident. No one wants to be in an accident, but she considers its power to be a potential contributing factor. So when I need some "Me" time, I drive the Buick.:biggrin:

This car was around before she was, so maybe she is just jealous???

My wife loves and hates it all in the same breath. Loves the attention it gets when we go out for a cruise. Loves the feel of the power when I let it go. Hates the smell when I have pump gas in it and hates the fact that I spend so much time with it in the summer time. I told her to follow the cars lead and do what I say when I say then everything will be alright............. Now i am sleeping with one eye open.

She calls mine "Christine", spend alot of time on her in the evenings. Drop some $$$ on her. The car not the wife ;) (maybe that's the problem...). She has drove her stock, not with the mods, but enjoys the weekend drives.

My wife hates my T type she was 8 mos preg when i bought first one and that 30mph burnout in her first ride sealed the deal...LoL we didnt even get stopped and door was open and she was screaming F you and F that car...lol...never asked to drive it and dosent even want to ride in it. Well now on second turbo t and she accepts this one little better due to T-Tops but still wont drive it...FINE BY ME....LOL

I have also given my wife ammo by hot rodding around.
The first time I rolled into the throttle and was driving across
an intersection the the rear end in the next lane.
They worst offense was a trans brake launch on the street
followed by first and second gear in a 10.5 car...

My wife has only driven my TR once when I first got it, and it was just up the road a few blocks, going at a slow rate. She usually does not ride in it but mainly because I'm usually riding solo when I take it out. She has rode in it before and has said it's comfortable.

My little daughter, OTOH I think actually likes riding in it. She'll see it and then say "when can we go for a ride in daddy's vroom vroom car?" :)

My girl hates the TR she wont ride in it. she says im an idiot for spending that much $$ on an old car...she says i should have bought a newer car.. :cool: btw i sleep on the coach :biggrin: but not because she kicked me out the room!! but to make sure no one tries to steal my Buick i'll be ready for them.... :cool: also the couch is better on my back lol thats my excuse...no but seriously sometimes i wake up and peek out the window make sure she's still there does anyone also do that?? i live in miami the theft is horrible down here...

My girl hates the TR she wont ride in it. she says im an idiot for spending that much $$ on an old car...she says i should have bought a newer car.. :cool: btw i sleep on the coach :biggrin: but not because she kicked me out the room!! but to make sure no one tries to steal my Buick i'll be ready for them.... :cool: also the couch is better on my back lol thats my excuse...no but seriously sometimes i wake up and peek out the window make sure she's still there does anyone also do that?? i live in miami the theft is horrible down here...

Mine is locked up in the garage and I still look out in the garage from time to time. My wife just rolls her eyes.

She loved riding in mine which is a hard top car. So I found her a stock Turbo-T with T-tops. She loves that car, she only drives it to work on fridays when the weather is good. I think she loves the attention that comes with driving a TR. She has a different story everytime she drives it about somebody asking does she know what she's driving.

She loved riding in mine which is a hard top car. So I found her a stock Turbo-T with T-tops. She loves that car, she only drives it to work on fridays when the weather is good. I think she loves the attention that comes with driving a TR. She has a different story everytime she drives it about somebody asking does she know what she's driving.

HAHA!!!!

I can see it! now!

It was my dad's, god rest his soul. Now it's just my old work car that gets decent mileage. I drive it alot this time of year when the deer are running, and it'll sure save my Camry from getting eaten by salt or wiped out on black ice this winter!;)

I'd almost PAY to see the look on somebodies face, hearing that!

HAHA!!!!

I can see it! now!

It was my dad's, god rest his soul. Now it's just my old work car that gets decent mileage. I drive it alot this time of year when the deer are running, and it'll sure save my Camry from getting eaten by salt or wiped out on black ice this winter!;)

I'd almost PAY to see the look on somebodies face, hearing that!

I know this is someones Mother or sister but... grab her by the hair on her head yank her out of the car and slap the **** out of her and make her come to her senses. lol