does anyone make a chip for alchy

1quick86

does anyone make a chip for the use of 92 octane and alchy. i know most people just us a 100 octane chip but is there anyone out there make one specifically for the use of alchohal. If not what is a good chip to use with alchy is it better to use a street chip and more bost or use the 100 octane chip with less boost

thanks for all replies

I dont think anybody makes an alc chip. I asked this before and most said a 93 chip is best. You may be able to run a 100 oct chip with some higher timing but it gets risky.

well what 93 octane are you guys using has anyone found that one street chip works better with alchy than another i 'm thinking about getting a thrasher chip

Call Joe Lubrant at PTE. He told me at the Nats that he burned a chip for an alky profile. I'm gonna try it if I ever get my tranny and TC.

The one time I mentioned water/alcohol to Lubrant he had nothing good to say about it.

The whole idea behind water/alcohol injection is to allow better performance on low octane gas.
You should be able to use anybodys race chip with good results.
You will definately need more timing for best results.

I use a PTE 100, I told Joe I was running an SMC alky kit and he set up the chip accordingly. Works great, instant spool, tire shreddinglow end, and good top end pull.

Get ahold of Jay Carter, he can do a chip for alcohol. He has alot of experince running alcohol on pump and race gas.

He knows his s**t......

He was telling me they had somthing like a .5/5mph improvement running alky WITH race gas.....

My Alky system goes on soon....

I've been doing a lot of playing with 91-92 octane pump gas and alchy injection (70% iso). One thing I have to say is that gas is CRAP! Even 93 is light years ahead of that crap!

So far I've only been having luck with lower timing chips to get a decent boost level using 91-92. Too much timing down low forces you to greatly lower the alchy turn on point which isn't a good thing (bog and slow spool).

So, my experimenting has been using a 93 chip profile and upping the timing only in the 4,000 through 5000 rpm range and LV8 close to or at 255 so as to make sure the alchy is on and boost is up before the timing goes up.

Right now at WOT 20 degrees and 23 psi but according to DS I should down it a degree. Trying to get as close to zero knock as possible.

Even at this low timing the car pulls very hard and hasn't shown much if any gain increasing 3 degrees at WOT. I'm seeing gains from more boost and not from more timing in this trim.

I think running a full blown race chip with 91-92 octane and alchy is a time bomb waiting to happen!! Work your way up slowly.

Gain without being a full blown race chip?? Definately. LOTS of power gain going from 15 psi boost to 23 psi with the alchy on. Can you say 100hp gain?? Your butt-dyno could definately feel that not to meantion your time slips.

Originally posted by TType85
Get ahold of Jay Carter, he can do a chip for alcohol. He has alot of experince running alcohol on pump and race gas.

He knows his s**t......

He was telling me they had somthing like a .5/5mph improvement running alky WITH race gas.....

My Alky system goes on soon....

Jay also recommends using an EGT with his race gas alchy chip. The concept behind his alchy chip is remove fuel...replace with alchy...remove fuel...replace with alchy. That's how they got the .5/5 mph gain with race gas. Minimum 112 octane.

You get the idea.

Jay also recommends using an EGT with his race gas alchy chip. The concept behind his alchy chip is remove fuel...replace with alchy...remove fuel...replace with alchy. That's how they got the .5/5 mph gain with race gas. Minimum 112 octane.

I'm going to be doing this with my DFI once I get it installed too... its going to take alot of tuning, but the extra HP will be worth it.

Well lets also not forget the MaxEffort chip. Steve has it setup to trigger an alchy kit when it sees detonation. Pretty neat stuff!

Originally posted by Mr URL
Well lets also not forget the MaxEffort chip. Steve has it setup to trigger an alchy kit when it sees detonation. Pretty neat stuff!

Plus the ME has the added ability to remove gas as the alky comes on. Makes it easy to fine tune.