Does anyone know

whitehot84

where I can get a dual fuel tank switching unit that is rated for more than 65 lbs hr.???

Even though I've been working at the company for 14 years, I've never used one myself but Pollak has been making one for many years.

POLLAK® MOTOR-DRIVEN FUEL TANK SELECTOR VALVE
For fuel-injected systems operating up to 65 psi. Designed to prevent returning fuel to incorrect tank. Weatherproof fiberglass-reinforced nylon valve body. Valve grounds to frame. Meets or exceeds DOT standards. Fits 3/8" I.D. fuel hose. Recommended fuse: 10 amps. Can be wired so original dash gauge indicates fuel level in either tank. Includes: switch, faceplate, wiring connector, instructions. Hoses not included—order separately. 6-port valve required on vehicles with 3 lines attached to fuel pump. For 12-volt systems.

Available from many aftermarket sources. Maybe someone will chime in whether its a good choice for you.

Bob

Even though I've been working at the company for 14 years, I've never used one myself but Pollak has been making one for many years.

POLLAK® MOTOR-DRIVEN FUEL TANK SELECTOR VALVE
For fuel-injected systems operating up to 65 psi. Designed to prevent returning fuel to incorrect tank. Weatherproof fiberglass-reinforced nylon valve body. Valve grounds to frame. Meets or exceeds DOT standards. Fits 3/8" I.D. fuel hose. Recommended fuse: 10 amps. Can be wired so original dash gauge indicates fuel level in either tank. Includes: switch, faceplate, wiring connector, instructions. Hoses not included—order separately. 6-port valve required on vehicles with 3 lines attached to fuel pump. For 12-volt systems.

Available from many aftermarket sources. Maybe someone will chime in whether its a good choice for you.

Bob

I have one of these but the 65 lb limit doesn't work for me. Our Walbro pumps can go over 80 lbs under high boost.

OK, I'll ask the design engineer that is involved with the fuel valve tomorrow to see if we make one that can handle more than 80 psi and if not, if he knows of another vendor that makes one that can handle it.

OK, I'll ask the design engineer that is involved with the fuel valve tomorrow to see if we make one that can handle more than 80 psi and if not, if he knows of another vendor that makes one that can handle it.

Any luck Bob ??

The engineer I need to ask was out yesterday and I just checked again but he is still out today. Unfortunately we don't list another higher pressure valve in our aftermarket catalog so we probably don't have one. I have left him a message so I'd expect to hear as soon as he returns if he knows of another higher rated unit.

Bob

The engineer I need to ask was out yesterday and I just checked again but he is still out today. Unfortunately we don't list another higher pressure valve in our aftermarket catalog so we probably don't have one. I have left him a message so I'd expect to hear as soon as he returns if he knows of another higher rated unit.

Bob

Thanks. It would have to be for a fuel injection application. I was thinking maybe a late model. I haven't been able to locate anything.

No one here at work knows of another fuel tank selector valve.

I searched and found a Parker valve listed for marine/yacht applications but its for diesel and there was no psi rating on it. You could call Parker and ask. Also you might find one for aviation applications. I saw manual valves in my search but they referred to carb'ed setups not injected.

Parker - SOLENOID VALVES FOR MARINE

I don't have a use for one but now I am curious.

We use some on Commercial aircraft that certainly fit your needs........HOWEVER............It'll cost more than a fully built StageII WITH electronics.;) And they run on 28V. DC.:p They flow ALOT of fuel though. I mean A-L-O-T!!!! They are the size of a 101mm turbo.:eek:

I tried to find one years ago, too and wasn't satisfied with the results and the capabilities of a 12v switching valve.