does anyone know whitettype86

al shapiro

I sent William Mitchell (WHITETTYPE86) $900 for the GTQ 70 turbo that he advertised for sale on this board. I mailed it out on 7/10/06 and I received notification from him that he received it on 7/13/06. He emailed me and told me that the turbo would be shipped with insurance on 7/14/06. That was the last that I heard from him. I have sent him pm's and emails and I know he received them because at times his box was full and wouldn't accept mine, and other times it did go through. I know he cleared his box but ignored my emails. They are still unread. I called UPS and they told me that if it was mailed on 7-14 from his zip code, I should have received it by 7-21 the latest. Today is Monday the 24th and still no turbo. My next step is to go to the FBI and file a complaint against him in their cyber crimes dept. I am trying to avoid this. I want him to send me the turbo or $900. If anyone knows him please pass on to him that my wifes uncle is the director for the FBI Academy in Quantico, Va. He personally knows John Lewis who is the special agent in charge of the FBI office in Phoenix, Az. Normally a crime this small will go unnoticed but I will be willing to bet that I can get some attention to this matter. If he doesn't have the turbo it is not a problem, all he has to do is send the $900 back. Also if anybody has a phone number for this guy, please pass it on.

He does not read the board that often... I emailed him too awile back about the turbo...and it took a few days or so... he might have some personal setbacks....

william mitchell whitettpe86

I understand a few days but when I go to his profile I see that he last logged in on 7/20/06. He said he received my check on 7/13/06, would ship the turbo on 7/14/06 and I have been trying to get a tracking number since 7/15/06. It is now the 25th and I haven't heard from him with a tracking number or have I seen the turbo. Is this the new protocol for the way we are supposed to treat fellow buick enthusists when we are trusted with large sums of money? When I sell something on line (even if its for $25) I ship within 1 day of receiving payment and as soon as I have a tracking number I contact my buyer and give him that tracking number with the arrival date. Am I doing something wrong?

al shapiro said:
I sent William Mitchell (WHITETTYPE86) $900 for the GTQ 70 turbo that he advertised for sale on this board. I mailed it out on 7/10/06 and I received notification from him that he received it on 7/13/06. He emailed me and told me that the turbo would be shipped with insurance on 7/14/06. That was the last that I heard from him. I have sent him pm's and emails and I know he received them because at times his box was full and wouldn't accept mine, and other times it did go through. I know he cleared his box but ignored my emails. They are still unread. I called UPS and they told me that if it was mailed on 7-14 from his zip code, I should have received it by 7-21 the latest. Today is Monday the 24th and still no turbo. My next step is to go to the FBI and file a complaint against him in their cyber crimes dept. I am trying to avoid this. I want him to send me the turbo or $900. If anyone knows him please pass on to him that my wifes uncle is the director for the FBI Academy in Quantico, Va. He personally knows John Lewis who is the special agent in charge of the FBI office in Phoenix, Az. Normally a crime this small will go unnoticed but I will be willing to bet that I can get some attention to this matter. If he doesn't have the turbo it is not a problem, all he has to do is send the $900 back. Also if anybody has a phone number for this guy, please pass it on.

They should ban (whitettype86) from this board if he doesn't come through with that turbo or your money back!!! There are enough CROOKS on ebay and elsewhere on the net, this kind of thing should not be tolerated on this board of all places!!!!!Just my opinion!

You should be okay I think. I sold him a converter a while back and he seemed okay. I know he parted his car out so maybe he is having some issues.

i bought a double pumper off him a while ago.. took a while to get it but i got it.
I thought i read somewhere that he is a trucker???? and maybe not home too often???? good luck

Nick Micale knows him and they are local to each other.Will is a truck driver so he stays pretty busy.Ive bought lots of stuff from him and always gotten my parts.HTH

I never got my wheels, but he did eventually send a refund. Like others said, he seemed REALLY busy.

Young William

I remember him :mad: I sent him a nice ceramic P Trim coated turbine housing about 3 1/2 years ago and he was going to send me a new 4.1 oil pan, well I never did get the oil pan or anything else from him, I beleive I still have his promises here on a floppy somewhere. Maybe he's just slow :(
I told him this might pop up someday but he never seem to care.
I hope you get the turbo Al

9sec.

Al,

Turbo went out today UPS ground and insurance for $900. U should see it by next Friday by the latest and I'll e-mail u the tracking number when they e-mail it to me. Sorry for the delay and holdup..Let me know when u get it.

9SECVSIX

I had that oil pan but Now my ex-wife has it. I was thinking about u 5 months ago. I know way to late :eek:. I was like I know I owe somebody for the housing but what was his name? :confused: Send me an e-mail with your address and phone number and lets see if I can work someting out :D

vanman1120

Thanks for your opinion but I'm not a crook, Just I very busy guy with a job and two familys with 7 kids alltoghter. :mad: U don't know me and u went to judge to quickly :frown:

Boy !!! ole vanman 1120 touched a nerve. Well all I can say is Bull****!!!! You run people around, don't return emails or calls, leave them hung out in left field on thier part and wonder why some think of you as a crook? Oh Yea!!! the famous you don't know how busy I am. Well looking back on all your adds I DON"T see one damn thing about all your families,your 20 kids or how many jobs you work or the long hours you work so you will just have to wait for your part. You don't seem to be to busy to sell the part or accept the money. GET a LIFE, someone buys a part, SEND IT TO HIM.
PLAIN & SIMPLE.

m233roller

A thousand times YES--what he said.
I had rather be beat up and pissed on than deal with -------

m233roller

What part did I sell u? Sorry If I every screwed u or as u as u would say.
I'm being honest. I run into alot of problems just like everbody else and don't bitch about it. It took me 1yr to get my Atr exhaust, took three months to get M&A heads. People have problems thats All I'm trying to say. And I don't know vanman1120 so he should butt out.

Lee Thompson What did I do to u? Come on guys Iv'e been on this turbobuick board for 6yrs. I do know I'm slow on shipping but run into problems everytime. I'm not a scam artist, I'm just I very busy guy from Mon-Sat. I have one part to send I should be done with selling or parting off the white car.

Well I know I'm not a bad guy I do send the parts. I'll leave it at that and everbody else that thinks I screwed them or so has there opinions. Like I said I'll leave it at that. :(

whitettype86

I received an e-mail from William Mitchell last thursday informing me that the turbo has been shipped and he would contact me with a tracking number as soon as he got it. Whenever I shipped anything, I got the tracking number right away. I still have not received the tracking number and it is monday (4 days after shipping). He says I will have the turbo by friday the latest. We will have to wait and see. Thanks for all your help guys.

william mitchell

Well I did get my turbo exactly 1 month to the day after sending the money. The turbo seems to be in great condition and it also seems to be what he said it was (a GTQ 70). The only problem now is that since it took so long to get, and I thought I got screwed, I purchased another turbo and now I have 2. I asked him for a refund and have not heard from him since. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of parts over the internet as I have built the Grandcamino from scratch and have never been burned and always raived about the honesty and integrity of those in the Buick community. William Mitchell has cured me of that illness. I WILL NOT purchase anymore used parts from anyone that I have never dealt with before. It simply was not worth the aggrivation and countless hours on the phone and internet trying to track him down, not to mention the many nights that I was unable to sleep thinking that someone took me for $900.00. It just wasn't worth it. I am glad that I did eventually get the turbo but the few hundred dollars more for a new one would have been well worth it in this case. As I mentioned in an earlier post, when I sell something I ship it within 1 day of receiving the money, provide the buyer with a tracking number and an estimated time of arrival that I get from UPS and I contact them after they receive it just to make sure that it has arrived ok and that they are happy. Maybe I am the extreme but lets face it, after you send a cashiers check or money order to someone, they can cash it and you may never see your part and there isn't anything you can do about it. This whole thing about purchasing used parts online to try to save a buck is all based on trust and evidently we can't all be trusted. Mr. Mitchell, thank you for the lesson.

For those of you that don't know, the Grandcamino is a 1984 El Camino that received a 1987 Buick GN makeover. Grafted fenders, GN header panel, grill,bumper and hood, GN interior all GN drivetrain and it is now in the process of getting a 4.1 stage II motor. The car was featured in the April edition of GM High Tech Performance and can still be viewed there at http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0604htp_1984_chevy_el_camino/

Al,
Glad to hear you FINALLY received the turbo. You might take a little bit of a beating on selling one or the other but sure beats losing $900. See Ya and tell George HI !!!!

William Mitchell

Well this will be my last post on this issue. I have lost far too much time already. However I wanted everyone to see what an upstanding individual William Mitchell is. I sent him $900.00 for a turbo, he sits on my money for 1 month without any communication and I MEAN NONE, doesn't send the part for a month and he is pissed off at me for ruining his name. Here is an e-mail that he sent me.
Al,
I went to the bank got a message about my grandmother died and Had to fly to
New York. Came back work one day and went to the hospital for a week got out
and had to turn around for my son and also work. Didn't go home due to I
live 35miles from the nearest Hospital. And my car was down. Lets just say
everthing got screwed up. Thats all I can say. Sorry u think u got screwed.
I shipped it and u gave me a bad name. So thanks on that part. I've been on
the board for over six years and been screwed and keep buying parts. I
bought $2200 M&A heads took 3 months to get and then cost me another $1500
to fix them. Add that up I could have gotten two brand new set of Alum
heads. Did ever think mybe something was wrong with my health? I can't leave
a hospital when I'm addmitted for a week. U can be bitter and I'm sorry u
had to wait. I shipped the turbo last week when I e-mailed u and for some
reason the Ups store didn't give me a tracking number they said they would
e-mail it to me. They never did. U should get your story correct before
opening your month and giving me a bad name. Thanks.......

It looks like in the period of 1 month he got sick, his son was in the hospital, his grandmother died, UPS didn't give him a tracking number for some reason, car broke down, and not to mention that if it takes a month with no communication, ITS PERFECTLY OK BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN SCREWED BEFORE TOO. MItchell if you have been screwed before than you should be even more diligent in the way that you do business so that your customers won't think that you are trying to screw them. Surely you must know how it feels if it has happened to you. If any of those things really did happen, then I am sorry, but for all to happen it sounds pretty far fetched. Did you go in the hospital on the 14th of July when you were supposed to ship the turbo? If not then why didn't you ship on the 14th like you said you would. If you did go in the hospital on the 14th then what happened after 1 week when you were released? All I wanted was an email informing me of what is going on. I just wanted to know that the turbo was still coming, that my $900 wasn't lost or that I haven't been ripped off for $900. Instead you waited until the police knocked on your door about it. Anyway thanks for sending the turbo. Better late than never.