Does anyone know what this tool is used for?

GN owner

My brother in law bought a tool box off of a retired mechanic and gave me this tool as he did not know what it was for. Can anyone tell me what this tool is used for?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 298
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 293
I definitely likes like a manual hose crimper. I use a hydraulic version all the time at work. The dies should be labeled in even numbers. They are is 1/16 of an inch increments. So a 1/4" = 4 and 1/2 = 8. I don't know how high of pressure that thing is good for but I wouldn't use it on a brake hose but it might be good for an a/c hose. You have to crimp it down until both die halves touch. That would be a good tool to have but you may never use but it's nice to have just in emergencies.

Maybe if GM used this tool on their lousy tranny lines on the Dmax they wouldn't leak like they do in cold weather!:tongue:

Maybe if GM used this tool on their lousy tranny lines on the Dmax they wouldn't leak like they do in cold weather!:tongue:

You can't talk about GM like that here. Go on your ricer forum if you want to do that crap.

groumoutis & charlief1,

Thank you for letting me know what this tool is used for. I thought it was some kind of crimping tool but did not know what it was for.