Does anyone know a lot about computers and trouble shooting them?

gndriver

I have a major problem. My Dell dimesion 4300 series computer has two disk drives C and E. However when I go into the C drives property it says the device is working properly but the device usage bar is blanked out and I cant click on it to disable it if I needed to. The reason I ask this is because I cant access some of my file on that drive nor does my camera or printer work and they are both connected through the usb port with their programs in the C Drive. Does anyone have the time to help me with this?:confused:

Well it's a good thing you can't disable the disk drives!! Then you couldn't use the computer at all!

Check the Device Manager and see if there are any problems withthe USB controller. Then post back here and let me know what you find.

Ok checked the device manager and there was a little yield sign so I tried to reinstall the drivers for both the printer and the camera "usb port for both of those are side by side" and it says an error occured durring the installation of these devices. the class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade these device. Who the hell is this class installer and where is he so that I can Kick his A**. And Access is denied to alot of my user files that werent a couple of days ago.

I take it you are using Windows XP? or 2000 at least? make sure the user you are logged on has Administrative privileges to the machine.

If you want you can start e-mailing me privately. That was you can also send me screenshots as well.

It's the XP. Some time ago we did a new setup from the xp CD and after reinstalling we are locked out of the originale setup and we can't get to any of our olf files and folders although they are shown. Just says that access is denied and that onley the admin can get in to them. It'a all still there but I can't get on as the administrater for the old setup. Help.....:(