Does anyone have Airride on their car?

12lepler

I was just wondering what if anyone here has air suspension on their cars and if so, how is it? What's a drawback to it besides being expensive, and heavier because of compressors and tanks? I'm just curious

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I was just wondering what if anyone here has air suspension on their cars and if so, how is it? What's a drawback to it besides being expensive, and heavier because of compressors and tanks? I'm just curious

We sold several complete Air Ride systems over our Holiday special maybe someone will chime in... Yes they are more expensive but they are also the best when it comes to adjustability and not having to lay under your car to adjust your coil overs!

If your interested give us a call, Since your a member here we will save you Hundreds and Hundreds of dollars on a complete air ride system!

You pretty much touched on the drawbacks so I will touch on some of the advantages of an air ride system..

3 programmable buttons for Adjustable ride heights at a touch of a button.
Adjustable ride quality at a touch of a button.
Double or Triple the adjustability over a coil over system.
Smart phone apps available to operate the system, (some use it as an anti-theft device)

Smart phone apps available to operate the system, (some use it as an anti-theft device)

What do you do? Wait for them to crawl under the car and then drop it to the ground?

We sold several complete Air Ride systems over our Holiday special maybe someone will chime in... Yes they are more expensive but they are also the best when it comes to adjustability and not having to lay under your car to adjust your coil overs!

If your interested give us a call, Since your a member here we will save you Hundreds and Hundreds of dollars on a complete air ride system!

You pretty much touched on the drawbacks so I will touch on some of the advantages of an air ride system..

3 programmable buttons for Adjustable ride heights at a touch of a button.
Adjustable ride quality at a touch of a button.
Double or Triple the adjustability over a coil over system.

So with the adjustability I wouldn't have to worry about scraping over speed bumps and low stuff like coil over cars?

So with the adjustability I wouldn't have to worry about scraping over speed bumps and low stuff like coil over cars?

Well your ride height is completely adjustable via the E3 controller in the car, you will have one of your preset buttons set for riding around and if you see a large speed bump you simply touch the + button on your controller and it will raise the car.

Here is a image of the controller that goes in the car.

e3kita.jpg

Well your ride height is completely adjustable via the E3 controller in the car, you will have one of your preset buttons set for riding around and if you see a large speed bump you simply touch the + button on your controller and it will raise the car.

Here is a image of the controller that goes in the car.

View attachment 211313

So how does it ride? I assume it's not back breaking

What do you do? Wait for them to crawl under the car and then drop it to the ground?
That will work ! Nope with the smart phone App you can completely control your suspension without the E3 in-car controller (Now you can Hide that or simply remove it all together) Then with the car is dropped in the "Parked" setting or slammed to the ground as some say, the car is so low that you can't turn the front wheels so unless someone comes with a flatbed and tows it away the car isn't going anywhere fast that's for sure.

Here is what it looks like on your phone and some info on the App.
e3-app.jpg

The e3 system takes another leap forward with the new Ridetech iPhone and Android application that allows you to control your ride height straight from your phone. Using the same basic setup of our previous remote system, the e3 smartphone remote app is simple to install, easy to use, and convenient for those who carry their phones to every situation.

General Features:

• Available on BOTH iPhone and Android devices
• Utilitzes Bluetooth technology for superior security and connectivity
• Compatible with any e3 RidePro system
• Adjustable ride height from several yards away
• Displays live information on air tank and airspring pressures
• Includes 3 ride height presets plus controls for each vehicle corner
• Landscape mode imitates e3 controller

How it works:

The application is available on any iPhone or Android smartphone device. Using your phone's bluetooth connection, the application will send remote commands to your e3 system through an external antenna. The antenna relays important information back to the phone such as air and tank pressure. Menu items can also be changed via your smartphone, just like the original e3 display. The application and antenna will work with any existing e3 system.

What is included: wiring, 2 remote key fobs, the bluetooth antenna box, and the application software. NOTE: If you already own a e3 remote kit, click here to purchase the updated bluetooth antenna

Available on:

apple.gif
android.gif

So how does it ride? I assume it's not back breaking

Absolutely Not! Shocks have adjustable dampening so you can adjust how harsh or soft the ride is then the air raises and lowers the car... Think of it like a Lincoln, they have been doing this air ride system stuff on their vehicles for Many Many years...

Here is some great video's that go over many questions asked, these should help understand the RideTech air ride system better...

Height sensors & E3 controller

How the ShockWaves are built:

Air Ride Overview

Here is some great video's that go over many questions asked, these should help understand the RideTech air ride system better...

Height sensors & E3 controller

How the ShockWaves are built:

Air Ride Overview

Thank you a lot for posting those videos it really cleared a lot of stuff up for me

Thank you a lot for posting those videos it really cleared a lot of stuff up for me

Your welcome!
Let us know if your interested in a system, we will save you a good chunk of money....

Does the frame spring pocket need to be cut open to fit the front Shockwave RideTech?