Does anybody make front lower control arms

$400 is a deal. I have GW uppers on my GSX and they were the only game in town at the time. Have no complaints on the quality of the GW stuff. If my GN was going to be modified I would have to look at the Spohns.

If you want good handling stay away from POLY bushings especially on the rear suspension!!!! The lower control arms will not contribute much to handling. The coilovers on the front will help with adjustability but again will not do anything for handling over good regular springs.

Things that will help handling.
1. new bushings (moog)
2. Koni or Billisten shocks
3. Matched spring set
4. Upgraded rear control arms with spherical bushings at the rear. The only company that I know of for lowers is Currie . Edelbrock and Currie both make upper control arms with sphericals at the frame. I think the Edelbrock are made by Currie and they cost less (go figure.) If you have sphericals at the frame it is OK to have poly at the axle. I use the Currie, Edelbrock combination on my GSX and it works great.
6. This might be the first thing you should do is go with all the braces you can find. Start at the rear and work to the front. Everyone here seems to use the X braces behind the seat. I would also use the Edelbrock brace that connects the upper and lower control arms. The Edelbrock brace does not seem to popular here but NO ONE with a big block A-body goes without it.

Get the basics in good shape before messing with the fancy expensive stuff. Go to Global West site and read through it, they have a lot of good info there. Realize you are dealing with a big car with limitations you cannot overcome and still make it a street car. You are never going to beat a new Corvette at and autocross or even a Subaru STi. Don't screw the car up trying.

UMI performance has the spherical pieces you speak of both upper and lower rear control arms.

Sphon
GlobelWest
BMR
PA Racing
Never Lift
TRZ
Lemonds

these are just off the top of my head.

maybe I missed it, but I don't believe anyone mentioned Hotchkiss. They've been making front and rear suspension components for G-bodies for years. really nice stuff. available through Summit.

rob

SCandC.com sells the Spohn Arms for coil overs or regular springs, new hardware kits for the lower arms, coil over kits and an adjustable upper arm / custom balljoint setup thats probably the best one out there.

Who ??

SCandC ??? Maybe i have not been keeping up lately, what vendor is this ?

Thanks !

SCandC is also known as Savitske Classic and Custom they are located in PA they been around as a resto place since the mid 80's but in about the last 10 years they started making and selling really high quality parts.
they used to have some really nice braces but they stopped making them, they still make a really nice 1pc brace for the front of our cars that replaces the jounce bars and ties the front frame rails together, they have the "G5" kit which is a bolt on C5 brake setup for a G Body (wish i could afford that) I just got the stage 2 front suspension kit I have herd a lot of really good things about it, it should work out well. check them out some time their parts are very well researched and do everything they claim plus. theres also talk about a 3 link panhard bar setup coming soon and a rear swaybar that dosnt mount to the trailing arms.
you can read a lot about SCandC products on www.montecarloss.com if you would like peoples thoughts on them.

Thank you for the link, I have the website tagged now, some interesting things there....