Does anybody have a schematic for a stock turbo buick ECM

tireburner163

The title pretty much says it's all. I'm looking for a schematic for a OEM 1227148 ECM. Not the pinout, but the actual internal schematic.

Thanks,

-Josh

I struck out there too. No data on the 1227148. I searched the gearhead forums a few days ago with no luck either. I'm working adding my own peak and hold injector drivers using the Cherry CS-453 drivers. I just wanted the schematic to double check my work, but I opened up the ECM last night, and GM was nice enough to label the collector, base, and emitter pins on the OEM drivers. I'm going to install the new drivers tonight. I expect all the go well, but we shall see, I have never done it before and there seems to be zero amounts of information out there. Would there be any interest in a write up on doing this? I'm not sure there is much call for this anymore, but I'll document my steps and post them up if I get any interest.

Gearhead EFI forums has a few people that may be able to help double check your work, if you want to join there too.

... I'm working adding my own peak and hold injector drivers using the Cherry CS-453 drivers...

For port style low impedance injectors (~2.4 ohms) need to use the CS-452 driver. The -453 driver is for 1.2 ohm TBI injectors.

RemoveBeforeFlight

For port style low impedance injectors (~2.4 ohms) need to use the CS-452 driver. The -453 driver is for 1.2 ohm TBI injectors.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I was under the impression the 453's were the required injector driver. On the data sheet the 452 is listed as peaking at 2.4 amps and then dropping to .60 amps. The 453 is listed as peaking at 4.4 amps and then dropping to 1.12 amps. This lead me to believe the 453 was the correct driver for my application.

the 453's will not work, they will never switch to hold mode.

Bob

Well that's quite unfortunate. I will have to source some cs-352's then. I would have thought the 353's would have functioned though. The Delphi injectors I want to run are 2 ohm injectors. 13.5 volts / 2ohms = 6.75 amps. I would have thought that was enough to trip them into hold mode, but I suppose I stand corrected.

if they are really 2.0 ohm, they might work. But copper has a positive temperature coefficient (the resistance of the injector coil will go up with temperature), along with all the wiring, etc.

in addition to the voltage drop in all the wiring, the drivers do not saturate to 0 volt drop, more like 1 volt. and there is some drop in the traces of the ECM.

so what will happen is that some injectors will peak+hold some of the time.

Bob

If RmvB4Flt doesn't chime in, some of the folks at Gearhead EFI might know of a cache or suitable replacement.

There is likely a replacement for them, but I don't know which it is. The CS452's really did dry up some time ago. Real shame.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I haven't really found a replacement for the CS-452/453. It looks like they were the only game in town so to speak. I did however find a source for the CS-452's

Once they're in I can get back to work on my project.