Dodged a bullet

Weazel

This just in,alky is good
Sorry I've been pretty invisible this year, I've been re-evaluating a few things, and in some (hopefully) temporary dimentia, I put the Grand National up for sale. I was asking $9500 in the local rag, so admittedly a little more than it's probably worth (despite the $12k appraisal which may not be worth the paper it's printed on). But I did get a call on it.

So I cleaned it up, let the guy flog it for a few minutes (it felt weird in the passenger seat), and took it back. He had $8500 in cash, and was ready to buy it until he saw that the rear main was leaking a little bit of oil. Not something I really noticed before, the car gets 1000 miles a year and doesn't lose oil. But it turned him off a bit, and he had to think about it. I called him back, giving the name of this site, and STRONGLY suggested he look for cars here. I all but said that I was pretty firm on the price, and didn't mind keeping it. I was actually quite relieved the sale didn't go. Plus my girlfriend said she'd break up with me if I sold it (kidding of course...or was she :cool: )

I have had the car 5 years and couldn't imagine a play car that'd be better. I like being able to roll with the girlfriend up front, my two pitbulls in the back, in a big comfortable car that can blow the doors off 99.9% of what's out there. So the car is stayin' with me, at least until I find a Stage II on the cheap. Take care all!

All right, so at that point as you sat as a passenger you noticed what it would be like to be GNless, you suddenly had a moment of clearity. I could never imagine selling the twins as i have owned them since 90. :p I did however sell my third one but i was not attached as i am with the twins. :biggrin: