Dodge Challenger commercial "1776"?

I've been noticing Chrysler's ad campaign to emphasize how they are more American than an eagle humping an apple pie. Oddly enough, the Challenger is built in Brampton, Ontario and is soon to get a Daimler 8-speed auto trans along with its big sisters Charger/300. The new Cherokee has been in similar patriotic commercials even though its essentially a re-bodided Daimler M-class.

Marketing is the root of all evil.

FWIW, I'd love to see Jaguar respond with Cornwalis riding out in a supercharged XF.

yeah, a car built in Canada on an old German chassis by an Italian owned car company doesn't make me feel all patriotic for some reason. i think the engines are built in Mexico, aren't they?
if they at least built some major part of it in the USA, it might help a bit...

Saltillo and Toluca are kicking out Dodge Journeys and Rams. I don't know if the engines come from Mexico.

Their new slogans need editing:
"The things Mexican's/Canadians make. Make us."
"I live. I ride. I'm imported. Jeep"

Challengers are nice, but damn heavy.

In all fairness, you might as well compare a Viper to a Corolla.
Apples to apples would be Sebring vs Camry. Even though they both are bland and ugly, its the Sebring that holds the title for largest turd currently in production.
TTAC’s Ten Worst Autos 2008 | The Truth About Cars

Trust me, I'm no Toyota fanboy either.

I like my 2002 Sebring convertible. V-6, 200 HP. Just turned 50k miles. so far I've replaced a tie rod, a rear strut support (other side is broke too) and the air bag sensor on the dash. Still has original battery. Chrome on wheels is in bad shape. So does that qualify it for biggest turd ever? I wouldn't think so.

What I meant with the Camry satement was it's made in Ky and will never have the American feel that the Canadian built Challenger has. It sucks but everything is Globully produced now.

Hell i think that was an cool ad better than seeing a tampon ad or how to get your peanut hard with a little blue pill ad etc :eek: plus you see the new camaro looks like chit o GM another mistake

Hell i think that was an cool ad better than seeing a tampon ad or how to get your peanut hard with a little blue pill ad etc :eek: plus you see the new camaro looks like chit o GM another mistake

those Camaros are so ugly that dealers can't get them in fast enough. what a total failure.

I like my 2002 Sebring convertible. V-6, 200 HP. Just turned 50k miles. so far I've replaced a tie rod, a rear strut support (other side is broke too) and the air bag sensor on the dash. Still has original battery. Chrome on wheels is in bad shape. So does that qualify it for biggest turd ever? I wouldn't think so.

I wasn't throwing dirt on the cloud cars (sebring/stratus/cirrus) of that era. Those were actually quite nice at the time. They happened to be the last generation that weren't influenced by the German ownership.

The latest Sebring; however, undeniably missed the mark. Styling, quality, driving experience are no comparison to the other cars in its class. The Germans slashed the production budget to save a couple of bucks and assumed the end user wouldn't notice. As a penance, it will spend all eternity as a rental car.

Challengers are still classified as American Muscle by most. Regardless of their manufacture place, they still represent big, bold, and ineffecient. You know, the American way, anti-rice! Haha..
They look good, throw a Procharger on the SRT8 and it looks like fun..Cant stand that new Camaro tho..Inside or out.

Best ****in commercial i seen in years... **** Tree Hugges, **** the British and the rest of the world.. USA ALL DAY!!!!

those Camaros are so ugly that dealers can't get them in fast enough. what a total failure.

Just come to our local dealership. I think they have had the same Camaros and Z06s sitting on the lots for ever. They probably have half a dozen of each.

Just come to our local dealership. I think they have had the same Camaros and Z06s sitting on the lots for ever. They probably have half a dozen of each.
and i bet they'd move them off the lot if they'd get rid of the crazy markups and sell them closer to retail like every other dealer seems to do.

Like they say......beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And the Camaro is BUTT UGLY IMO. I've driven an SRT Challenger. Now there's a MUSCLE CAR for ya!!;)

Ken