Do wee need to use low pressure drop tranny cooler?

litz

OK, so generally speaking bigger is better on coolers, but on the B&M site, the racing coolers do not have the low pressure drop feature, do we need this feature or should I just go with the biggest thing I can fit on the car? I am considering the B&M 70274 see www.bmracing.com.

Tranny Coolers

Hey Lizt,
Is that BM cooler part# the Bar plate design or is it the S tube design? I noticed a lot of the OEMs are the Bar style design. I recently bought the a Hydan 3/4x7 1/2x 11 Bar plate for my LS1 but i also have a S tube stlye same size. I think the Bar plate would be efficient because it uses the same theory of cooling like our radiators. I won't think the low pressure drop would be that big of an issue since the oil is returning to the tranny. Maybe one of the tranny experts could chime in.
Tom

its a stacked plate design, more efficient the S tube and fin design. The one I am considering is 11X11X1 1/2. The guys at Summit claim the low pressure drop assure flow keeps up with demand, did not really understand that statement.