Do u guys think I'll get into the 9's???

Rell87

METH HEAD
I've never been to the track before. I kinda started buying parts and building away since I had a good builder and a few friends with V8 cars challenging me. So I'm not wondering if my car can get into the 9's (people have told me I should) but if I can get there without blowing the thing up do to pushing it to hard.

I'm going to be taking my car to the track within the next week or so for test and tune but I won't be cranking the boost up past 18-20psi until I redo my suspension/rear end.

Seems you have the hardware to do it... I doubt you get there on 18-20#'s!

Who tuned the car? That will be the biggest obstacle now that you have the goodies...

Good luck!

And..

Seems you have the hardware to do it... I doubt you get there on 18-20#'s!

Who tuned the car? That will be the biggest obstacle now that you have the goodies...

Good luck!
I doubt you'll get there on 75# injectors.
Don't see a scan/logging system listed. @ that power level, there best be a good 1 on board.

What chip or management system are you using? Got alky? Your cam may be a bit small (in relation to the heads and turbo), but you'll be fine at 18# or so. Good luck at the track, be sure to give us the update after you run it! -Steve

I'm going to be taking my car to the track within the next week or so for test and tune but I won't be cranking the boost up past 18-20psi until I redo my suspension/rear end.

why bother taking it untill your done.. at 18/20#s of boost your friends will be laughing their asses off :p ...see this all the time :rolleyes:

You sure do have the combo to do it, but it's all in the tune. As stated above, what management system are you running?

Better have a real good tuner and take it slow. You have to learn to drive a car with that much potential power or it will get ugly real fast. Is the tuner familiar with the TR's? I would get the suspension parts on there and practice getting to the 330, then the 1/8th then making a full blast. Don't look to make a 9 second hit your first day at the track. Injectors are on the small side for nines in a full weight GN.

Without a rollbar, the track officials will kick you out before you get a chance. Take your time and have fun with it. All this nonsense of low boost.... Wait till you turn it up. You'll think 25 PSI is nothing. :wink:

Your suspension is more than just getting you down the track, it's a very serious safety issue. In order to get your car into the nines you are going to have to put some pain on it and you don't want critical suspension parts giving up on you at over 100 mph.

It's unlikely, and I am not saying impossible, to get the number you want on your first outing especially given you are admitting there are already things that need improving.

Don't try to rush into it, it's worth the wait!!!!

Thankx for all the input... Yeah I will be taking it slow I was just making sure I was headed in the right direction. I know my injectors are a lil small, I'm in the process of ordering all my suspension, rear end, and breaks. I'm not going to put a cage in and most likely this winter I'll be putting fiberglass body parts on when I repaint the car again. I wasn't saying that I thought I could get into the 9's on only 18-20lbs of boost, I was saying I'll be taking the car to the track next week to see what type of numbers I can produce. I'm not even going to turn the boost up to 25-30lbs until I have my suspension finished and figure out which route I want to take with engine management.