Do not buy from david reed...false advertisement!!!!!!!

tcomo75

Do not buy from david reed, he has falted me with false advertisement. I have bought a part from him and was not what he said it was when box was opened. I am not fighting to get my money back. Got the crank, went to the machine shop, watched them magnaflux it, and mic it. And was not even a turbo crank. Was cut 30/10 and i was told it was standard/standard...also had other guys with me that are on the forum with me when box was opened. Contacted him and was told to send crank back to him. Cost me 50$ to ship it back and got the crank from him for 328$. Called him today and now he is saying the crank he got back was not the crank he sent me, which is bull****. Im not here to screw anyone as i have been screwed, just needed a crank to get my car going and now has led to a much bigger issue. I will not buy anything from the forums again due to him.
Bought it from him using paypal,thinking he could be trusted. But as it turns out its just another person out there to get your money....

This is true, RJS was there when the box was opened. Tristan has had to get a crank from me to use for his build. Hope this guy does the right thing and refunds the money. I've known Tcomo75 for a long time and he is a stand up guy. Jeremy Walters

thanks jeremy i talked to reed0380 last night and he said he was not giving my money back he is now saying the crank was stamped with int on it and the one i sent back was not the crank but the next thing was he stampede it befor it went to his mech. shop he got me for 377 total and i asked him back for at lest half and he never answer so watch this guy everyone

Buick turbo crank

thanks jeremy i talked to reed0380 last night and he said he was not giving my money back he is now saying the crank was stamped with int on it and the one i sent back was not the crank but the next thing was he stampede it befor it went to his mech. shop he got me for 377 total and i asked him back for at lest half and he never answer so watch this guy everyone

Tristan, you have already filed a dispute with PayPal and it is on file with them. They have taken $328 from my account which is what you paid. You sent me an E-mail yesterday offering to settle this dispute if I pay you $171. Does that mean I get beat up for the $328 plus the $171?

If I made a mistake and sent you a bad crank, I will make it completely right with you. I don't want any of your money if the item is not right.

This crank was out of a 1985 Buick Riveria Turbo. It was bone stock, had never been apart, and never been raced. I still have the block, heads, rods and pistons from it. I threw out all of the bearing inserts so I can't go back and look at them. I will look at the block to see if there is evidence the mains were undersize.

Please be patient and we will get this resolved.

If David stamped the crank, it should be unique and stand for something related to the sale. A date, a name, initials, and a picture of that in an email to the buyer priot to purchase would be good to. That would go a long way.

It's not an exact science but could only help. :p

no i did not get my money from paypal i just checked it and still no money but i just talk to mr.david and he said that the shop that checked the crank for him keep his crank and he didi not check it befor mailing it to me so we worked somthing out and he will be giving me my money back i will update everyone on this and reply on here about what happen to clear up david from this

re;crank

Tristan, it was really good to talk with you by telephone just now.

The mystery has been solved, I received the wrong crank from the machine shop after it was magnafluxed, and sent it out without checking it. I'm sorry for the frustration.

I just sent you a full refund of your purchase via PayPal by way of your E-mail address. Since this comes directly from my checking account, you will have payment in three to five days.

Regards,

David Reed

Hope the shop still has your crank. Sounds like you got the shaft.. lol.. get it?

Sounds like it is getting resolved properly. That is good to hear. Tristan, call me if you need anything else for your build. Jeremy:cool:

thanks david i see on my pay pal that you put my money back and it will take 3 to 5 days like you told me on the phone sorry everyone david is a good man and i would buy from him again the shop put it to him and now he made it good thanks david if i can ever help you david just call me you got my numbers thanks tristan

Hope the shop still has your crank. Sounds like you got the shaft.. lol.. get it?

Boy, your just crankin' them jokes out .. haha.. get it... crankin crank.. crannnk

Ok thought it was funny.

Glad it was resolved guys! This really "turned" out to have a happy ending.

BW:)

As I told Tristan this afternoon on the telephone, I get a sense and feeling that we here in the Turbo Buick Community are some of the best people who walk this earth. I think 99.9% of us are honorable and trustworthy and persons of our word. We are quite a band of Brothers.

Hope to see all of you at Bowling Green in May for the Buick Nationals.

As I told Tristan this afternoon on the telephone, I get a sense and feeling that we here in the Turbo Buick Community are some of the best people who walk this earth. I think 99.9% of us are honorable and trustworthy and persons of our word. We are quite a band of Brothers.

Hope to see all of you at Bowling Green in May for the Buick Nationals.

I have a black baseball cap with the power 6 symbol on the front, and on the back of the hat is my user name.

Wore it a few years ago at the nats, nobody noticed :eek:

BW

I have a black baseball cap with the power 6 symbol on the front, and on the back of the hat is my user name.

BW

Had mine on last year, same hat, same user name as always. finally gave it to my son to wear, see ya all in May:cool:

BW
Probabaly more noticable with bullet holes in it.:p "I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."....;)