Do I upgrade fuel system with bigger turbo?

oddiesGN

I was wanting to upgrade turbo, but I don't want to upgrade my fuel system any more. Since the 80's is the highest injectors without upgrading computer and my pump can handle up to 80's with E85 for the amount of boost I run which is 25#.

So the question would be if I upgrade my turbo from a TA49 to a 6262, will I still be able to run the exact same fuel system and the exact same amount of boost? Before with the TA49 I wasn't getting any knock, so will I start running into problems when I use a bigger turbo?

Thanks, Otes.

You need a wideband. Also a Power Logger so you can see your injector duty cycle.

You need a wideband. Also a Power Logger so you can see your injector duty cycle.

Thats what I plan on going with this spring is a wideband and powerlogger.

+1
Your fuel system should be fine.

If I build more hp with the bigger turbo and the same amount of boost as the smaller one, won't that mean I'll need more fuel? I'm not sure, but I think your fuel is based off hp.

Thanks, Otes

The larger turbo will move more CFM of air at the same boost level. If you chart it out, you can see where the larger turbo will match the smaller one on CFM but at a lower boost level. The amount of fuel needed has a relationship with the amount of air moved into the engine. Bottom line is you will need more fuel in the tune but as mentioned, your system should be up to the task.