Do i need to run inner tubes?

shizzle

i plan on running 28x10 M/T slicks and was wondering if i need to have these tubes or not.I talk to the tech at mickey thompson today and he says i need to have them to help retain the air and for more stability, but i never here about people using them what do you guys do?

You will get sick of airing up the tires every three days before too long. The tubes won't hurt anything, get the stiff sidewall tires too if you haven't ordered those yet. With my car, the stiff tires 60ft alot better.

I used to rub dawn dishwashing liquid in the inside. About a half bottle between the two wheels. Worked like a charm. Never ran tubes and never had to air them up.

You will get sick of airing up the tires every three days before too long. The tubes won't hurt anything, get the stiff sidewall tires too if you haven't ordered those yet. With my car, the stiff tires 60ft alot better.

The stiff sidewalls make the car feel alot more stable going down the track as well. We were running 28x9 regular sidewall slicks on the Cutlass, and the car did the crab walk when boost came in on launch.

"shizzle", GET SOME TUBES!...It won't be long that you'll get irritated of having to inflate them each and every time you wanna use them...:mad: They also deflate quite rapidly...a week was enough for mine to go almost flat!...
I just bought some brand new slicks and put tubes in them and never had to add a single pound of air since!...:smile:

Claude. :wink:

Shizzle doesn't really want advice, he wanted someone to tell him that he doesn't need to spend $120 on tubes. If you keep asking for opinions eventually you will find someone to agree with your view;)

I recently bought a set and elected not to spend the extra $$ on tubes. As stated above, they will leak out in about a week or so. Not too big of a deal. Also, Im not sure they make a 28x10, at least I couldn't find one. I went with a 28x10.5 over the 28x9. They knocked my 60 ft down by 6 1/100ths as well.