Do I have fighting chance?

Turbo6Smackdown said:
Wow, what did your buddy do to an NA motor, to drop 4 tenths off??? and no, those sbc's are not hard to beat. Youll see what were talkin about in the future. Good job on the et's though. Sounds like a nice car ya got there. Good luck in the future.

Changed the carb and put two degrees of timing to it.

wow, 11.1 on a drivable n/a car? nice. But thats ok, dropping tenths on a tr is kinda easy, just watch your guages/scanmaster thats all.

Yes his car is pretty impressive. It's408 cubes, 11.5 compression, roller cam, brodix heads, 3500 stall, with a 700R4 trans 4.56 gears. Pump gas with an octane booster called TK7. For the money SBC are hard to beat I have one (I do have over 125 passes in tuning) It is 360 cubes 13:1 compression, roller cam, ported TRack 1 heads 4800 stall, 400TH and 4.56 ran 10.92 on motor and 9.97 on 180 horse shot of N2O. I very, very rarely drive it on the street. Not much fun to drive. My ears ring and I smell like race gas, however I couldn't buy a decent GN for the small amount of $ I have in it. I do agree a well tuned stage motor GN will run better and can drive it on the street my buddy had one that ran 10.80' on only 22lbs of boost could drive it anywhere and had all the imenities. Thanks for the replies fellas. I am from metro detroit and Inge third baseman just hit a dinger :biggrin: gotta go and watch the ALCS. Later.. oh sh#t Granderson just hit a stand up double. ;)

for 32 years or so, i lived at 7 mile and mound. just moved to 12 and hoover in warren. about 10 minutes away. should come out on gratiot one nite. just relocated my filter out to my wheelwell, and did some new redline synth fluid with no friction modifier in my rear end. gotta try er out soon before the ice hits.

Used to do a lot of street racing over on mound. Right by the cemetary and right in front of the Chrysler plant. We raced a lot by macomb community college. I raced a red 78 malibu, the car was an 11.30 car then that was about 7-8 years ago. We were watching some racing one night on mount elliot and these two idiots almost killed each other by almost hitting each other head on at over 100 mph. Scared the hell out of me and I never street raced again. Only at the track. In High school (early 90's) we did a bunch of racing on french road. I hear they are racing a great deal on Woodward. Do you take your car to the track and which one?

What a coincidence that you moved to 12 and H. I graduated from Center line high. My wife and I lived at 10 1/2 and Schoenner from 97-99. We live at 25 and dequindre now.

that racing you did on mound... was RIGHT in front of my house. like, i could hit you with a rock literally. i was there every fri and sat nite at about 02 in the morning :)

are they racing on woodward? no. not at all. WAYYYYYY too many cops. its just not possible. its easier on gratiot. i do it every weekend when i can.

do i go to the track? nope.. im street racer. my cars on the front lines, not in the rear with the gear, 5 passes then back to the garage :) she goes toe to toe with anyone on the strip that wants to go. more excitement that way.

centerline eh? i graduated from roseville. in 91. 25 and dequinder? thats my girls neighborhood. she grew up there. i used to go to yates/bloomer every sunday. great park. bring the ride out on gratiot one nite. well do a few laps before the ice hits.