Do all the 1:18 scale DUB models have an error?

Whut

Addicted to Boost!
I dont have any of them, just a couple GMP models but I saw one for the first time today. I was thinking about getting it just because it was a GN but passed on it as I still had some Christmas shopping left to do.

What is making me want it more now is that I noticed the hood emblem on it said 3.0 SFI Turbo. Is this a one off error or do all of them say that?

Whut said:
I dont have any of them, just a couple GMP models but I saw one for the first time today. I was thinking about getting it just because it was a GN but passed on it as I still had some Christmas shopping left to do.

What is making me want it more now is that I noticed the hood emblem on it said 3.0 SFI Turbo. Is this a one off error or do all of them say that?

Newbie to this forum, first post! :cool: Its funny you mention this.

I just bought one of these today... one of the reasons I registered here. The damn thing got me thinkin about buying a GN, possibly selling my SS to do so. :biggrin:

Anyways.. there was only one on the shelf so I bought it. Right away I noticed the same thing. 3.0 SFI Turbo on the hood, must be an error on all of them. Maybe Ill fix it once I open it up.

Yeah, I started looking more online and noticed that in any close up it looked like 3.0 so it has to be an error on their side.

Anyway, if a DUB City model gets you thinking about buying a GN check out the Peachstate models. I have owned three TR's and the last one came from trading my SS for it.

If your wanting a GN and like to mess with cars then I would suggest giving up the SS for one. I did, and even though I now have a puddle of oil under my car (rear main decided to leak more while its stored) I smile each time I look at it. When I had the SS I just covered it up and left it for most of the year.

Yeah, they have 1:18 scale and 1:24 scale. The one I saw was 1:18 scale and they wanted $22.00 for it.

I just got one of these for Christmas and yes thats the very first thing I noticed as well. 3.0 SFI Turbo? WTF? 3.8!!! Oh well, beautiful car/model.

Yup, Mine says 3.0..I was so happy my wife got me a cool toy, I couldnt point it out. Everytime she sees a GN/TR toy she gets it for me.
Anyone else have a serious DUB city collection?

dubs

I started out on hot wheels,and after filling up about three big rubbermaid totes,(starting in about 96'),i got tired of fighting with the same five rednecks at the wal-mart at two in the morning(I work nights)trying to make a trailer payment by finding the same first edition I need(which by the way they usualy already have fifteen of them).I started the DUBS cause I thought they were so cool.I quickly moved past the Escalades,and got into all the old school cars-n-trucks.Then the T/R's started showing up.I've got all of em'except the ultra rare candy apple red one.I naad a life!

GregInAtl said:
Anyone else have a serious DUB city collection?

Not yet... Im becomming a big fan though. Jada Toys (dub stuff) seems to have the upper hand on the customized diecasts. Auto Art, I think thats what they are called, also makes a reeeeaaaally nice diecast. Pricey though.

I have 37 DUB cars, some 1:18 scale, but generally all 1:24...I know someone has 50+.......I quit buying them for about 6 months, then when I saw the at WalMart for $9.44, I couldnt resist.
I have a Candy Red GN btw....Those are my faves as well.