DLS (Dan Strezo) Double roller chain tensioner

I'm going to assume you didn't read the whole thread? If you had, you would have seen that we already purchased the smallest chain we could find. It is still too loose. I've been building these motors for 20 years. I'm well aware of the issues/carnage the stock chain tensioner can cause.o_O
sure sounds like the block has been lined honed quite a few times for the crank to move that much up, or whomever did it didn't do a good job, time for a new block buddy.

You would be correct. It has been line honed too many times! Dad was trying to get some issues with the girdle corrected on his own, but he failed to give the last machinist all the info he should have. I tried to tell him he needed to start over with a new block, but he refused. Dad is not a young man, so I am just trying to get this thing back together for him, so he can have some good rides again. His car has been apart for a couple of years. I know what should be done, & your comments are valid. Hopefully you get the picture?

If anyone is interested in the outcome of this, it looks like the TA timing chain is going to solve the problem. I bought the TA chain SAS had for sale(Thanks Steve). I got a chance to try it on Dad's motor last night. I was surprised how tight it was when on got it installed. So, on to the next issue, as I'm sure there will be more.;)