DLS 4.1 Off Center Stage 2 Stroker Short Block

A lot of tire kicking going on. Great deal here I can't believe this is still here after this long!!! These don't come around very often. These guys sell great stuff at great prices!!!

Don't be caught doing this and loose out!!!!

487712065393f1bc9131.jpg

a mouth to late, Bobby builting me a LS 6.0 lq9 .
But that a still for a stage motor..

a mouth to late, Bobby builting me a LS 6.0 lq9 .
But that a still for a stage motor..

I'm sure Bobby will take care of you. I have heard nothing but great things about him from his abilities to build record setting engines to the genuine friendships he has with his customers. :cool:

I'm sure Bobby will take care of you. I have heard nothing but great things about him from his abilities to build record setting engines to the genuine friendships he has with his customers. :cool:

Bobby been my friend since 1990. were like family!!:eek::biggrin::biggrin:
psTed found some Ls header just like mike bamford. but if you Guys know of 90mm throttle body that fit wilson elbow please let me know..

I have a 90mm TB from the TSO car, you can check it out in my S2 engine for sale ad. It has a wiggens style clamp welded on it, it was done so the part looks billet from the outside. I'll sell you the TB minus the IAC and TPS for $225.00 + shipping if you are interested. You will just need to get your new 4" pipe welded to the weld fitting, I'll leave you a little section of the 4" pipe that was on it before.

Sorry for the hijack Mike and Dave...

I have a 90mm TB from the TSO car, you can check it out in my S2 engine for sale ad. It has a wiggens style clamp welded on it, it was done so the part looks billet from the outside. I'll sell you the TB minus the IAC and TPS for $225.00 + shipping if you are interested. You will just need to get your new 4" pipe welded to the weld fitting, I'll leave you a little section of the 4" pipe that was on it before.

Sorry for the hijack Mike and Dave...

ted, u have a pm

Is it still all together? I have a deal going on for something I'm selling at the moment, should be gone by next week, if this is still available, I'm buying it!

Yeah, that's exactly why Dan used the block..... Anybody knows Dan knows he doesn't use junk. :rolleyes:

Who said they were junk??

Ted, I was just asking a question regarding the bore size that someone else questioned. Can you explain why the bore is less than 3.965" on a 4.1??

Was that one of those reject blocks that never got finished due to bad casting??

Sorry for highjacking...

Archie,

The only Stage blocks I came across that weren't finished machined were 3.8 liter Stage I blocks. As far as the bore size on this block goes I do know that On center blocks were available in 2 bore sizes from GM maybe Off center 4.1 blocks were too. The new 4.1 Off center blocks I've had were approx 3.960" bore when I got them. GM did a lot of interesting stuff back in the day so it's anyones guess at this point.

Neal

Neal,

Thanks for the clarification on the blocks. The one I remember was a stage 1 but I thought it was a 4.1 (could be wrong) and was not finished machined . The bore size was like 2.5". At the time I was told it was a reject because of wall thickness and buick never finished or sold blocks like that. Is this true?
Blocks are still good, they just can't be bored all the way. I thought this would explain the small bore size.

Archie,

I hate to get way off topic in someone's for sale thread but the blocks I knew of were all 3.8 Stage I's. I bought 1 from Jason Cramer probably 15 years ago he had 3 at the time. The bores were completely unfinished and probably 2 1/2 " dia. like you stated. I came to find out mine had no oiling system either. While it was up at Duttweilers I sold it off to a friend when I came across a Stage II shortblock. He had nothing but trouble with it (it cracked everywhere). I suspect Buick knew the metalurgy of those blocks were bad so they never got finish machined. Some time later they got sold out the back door and no one knew there was an issue.

Neal