DIY Tire unmounting

it's called drive to discount tire and have them do it...;)

there is no reason to do your own tires any more, it's just too big of a PITA when you can pay 40$ to have someone unmount your old tires, mount the new ones, and git rid of your old ones...

Remove the stem and use a bumper jack on the bead to break it.

Check which side of the rim to remove the tire. One side will be closer than the other. Use tire irons and go after it.

Try not to hurt yourself or swear too much. :biggrin:

once the bead is broken down its not difficult to remove
a beadbreaker makes it easy (check harbor freight )
i do my own ,just need a couple of big screwdrivers or tire irons , install is even easier just lube up and pop the tire on

86-87 gn rims are constructed backward and tire comes off from the rear
on most rims the tire removes from the front

Thanks Guys Figured I'd ask but ended up at my mechanic who did it for $20.00 I sold my wheels and have a set of kirban gnx wheels about to get reconditioned. two sets of wheels to remove tires from then tires back on the gnx wheels when they are done..

BTW Paul I would stay away from that WAWA 93. I hear they dilute it with old coffee:eek:
Thanks for the input as always.:smile:

if you have friends at a tire shop they wil let you do it for free yourself. :biggrin:

Or...........

if you live near me, come on by, I have a Meyers touchless tire machine, and snapon tire balancer,
I'm not a shop, just got tired of paying $40-$60 for tire changes,
cruzn57

if you live near me, come on by, I have a Meyers touchless tire machine, and snapon tire balancer,
cruzn57

I use a big knife, but I think I'll just move close to you :p

cruzn57

If you live by the Beach and have a spare bedroom I'm there:cool:
Friggin cold here

Jim & mcroz3

got plenty of room, 5 br, 3 ba, and its just me and the wife,
I'm closer to the mountains, but 50 mi from the beach,, 30 from the desert,
was 71 here yesterday, I'll be wearing shorts today, LOL:biggrin:
I know, STFU,,,,,,,,,

cruzn57