Disks on all 4s ???? What kit to use? Brands

DiverDavies

Diver Davies
Im thinking about putting disk brakes on all 4s but I dont know about what kits are out there for our cars . Bear, willwood, ? Im putting 17 in wheels on the car . its a daily driver kinda.. A road car not a track car.Please help me with brand and kit numbers to look up on the net.. Thanks a lot....

Im thinking about putting disk brakes on all 4s but I dont know about what kits are out there for our cars . Bear, willwood, ? Im putting 17 in wheels on the car . its a daily driver kinda.. A road car not a track car.Please help me with brand and kit numbers to look up on the net.. Thanks a lot....

I am looking at the LS1 12" front and rear disks for my car. It is definately the "budget" way to get 12" rotors all the way around. Some fab required..... I have the rotors and calipers... and am in the middle of a hydroboost conversion this weekend before I re-install my new engine...

HB+ 12" disks all the way around...... I can't wait...

I did the Baer kits on the GN, front and rear.

Comes with everything, the only extra work is sending them back your stock spindles in the boxes they came in. They even provided the shipping label.

Watch the 3 small screws in the rear backing plate though, they like to break.

With 17" wheels you should be able to do 13" fronts, they have templates on their website you can use to check fitment with various wheels.

The BAER kits are very nice and come with everything you need. But they are $$$$$$!! The Wilwood front kit is not bad but you will have to modify the spindles. I am not sure if Wilwood has a kit for the rear. I would think they should, but I am not aware of one.

Lots of guys have done the LS1 brakes, and I believe the parts are almost the same as the BAER. I dont know how difficult the install is with the LS1 stuff, and what fab is required. Would actually be great if we can get a high level on what is required with each option (BAER, Wilwood, LS1) so that those that are looking to upgrade can find the info in one thread. Maybe someone in the know will chime in and post the info.