Disappointing first night at the track

Devil Car

Need for Boost
Well, I finally made it to the track with my new car. The car is an '87 Turbo T with a TE-45, 72 lb/hr injectors, a 3800 9/11 T/C, and CAS V4.

Well, first run I ran a 12.5 @ 110, which is kinda what I expected to run, since I didn't even bother to turn up the boost or uncap the THDP. I only left at about 8 psig and the 60' was a 1.97.

However, on the second pass, I pulled up to the tree and the car nearly died. I put it on the transbrake and boosted it up to 15 psig anyways. When I let go of the T-brake, the car started stuttering horribly, so I let off. Then I got back on it, and it took off. I ran a 12.90 @ 112.91, but when I got back to the pit, I could see that the -4AN braided steel line that goes to my fuel gauge had pulled loose from the hose end fitting :eek: I know that pass would have been in the 11's if only that line wouldn't have come loose... the 60' was a horrible 2.27!

I'm glad I didn't break anything or catch the car on fire... That put an end to the night, as I had to spend the rest of the night locating a cap to plug the line, so I could drive the car home... I hope I have better luck next time..

Just had to vent...

Don't sweat it! It was a small, easily fixed problem and nothing was damaged :) count your blessings!

That's not a bad night at the track, wait for it, they'll get worse. :p

BEST PART IS U DROVE IT THERE AND BACK

THINK ABOUT IT THIS WAY ...HOW MANY GUYS THERE THAT NIGHT HAD TO PUT THERE 12 SECOND CARS ON A TRAILER TO TAKE IT BACK AND FORTH? NUFF SAID!

want a bad night at the track, try having your crankshaft snap in half on the 2nd pass. Now that sucks.
Only good thing about the first pass was it my my first ever adn I ran an 11.79 @ 118
You coulda had way worse things happen. Consider it a mediocore night at the track. ;)

Thanks for the support guys! I'm going to try to get back to the track this Friday... keeping my fingers crossed that I can break way into the 11s

Re: BEST PART IS U DROVE IT THERE AND BACK

Originally posted by Brer Rabbit
THINK ABOUT IT THIS WAY ...HOW MANY GUYS THERE THAT NIGHT HAD TO PUT THERE 12 SECOND CARS ON A TRAILER TO TAKE IT BACK AND FORTH? NUFF SAID!

Heres a tip: The "internet" is this broad collection of computers passing information to eachother.

On this "internet" there have developed some social norms for etiquette.
One of these norms concerns the use of caps lock. It just so happens that its evolved into the equivalent of screaming. It makes things harder to read and people will generally skip over your posts. As an experienced "internet" user I would suggest you removed caps lock for the sake of those you'd like to read your posts.

There are many more little guidelines for use of this electronic wonder known as the "internet" but we'll start you off slow.

Anyhow, Welcome to 1994, good to have you join us.

i think the guy was just expressing excitement, not yelling!! it's true though, it's funny watching trailered cars running 13's, and we drive ours there, with a/c, crack off some 12's, and drive them back home, while getting 22-26 mpg to boot!!:D :D :D :D