DirectScan Distance Log Question

slipstick

I have used DS for approx. 2 years and have never had a problem. However, recently I started paying attention to the "distance" record and I see the numbers (feet) displayed are much less than the actual distance traveled. I noticed this problem when I "zeroed" a 1/4 mile run at the start and 11.8 secs (my track time slip) later the DS log indicated I had traveled 532 feet instead of 1320 feet. I was not expecting 100% accuracy, but this error is huge. I have the correct tire diameter and differential ratio listed in preferences. Have other DS users noticed this error????

Does the mile per hour look correct at the top of the run? I've read there is a delay between the trans speed and the ecm through the VSS, but i didnt think it was that bad...

Have you tried resetting the beginning of the run to match where the run started? Just wondering if your trigger is being triggered before the run.

Or even after the run started for that matter. Good point, Bandit. the distance compared to the mph is way off...unless you really hit 107 at the 500' mark. :) that could mean that the log started late, your speed will record (almost) correct, but the distance log will be off by alot... Just a guess though.

bandit & unix
I triggered to start the DS log with the space bar even before the burnout. When reviewing the log, I "zeroed" time at the start of my run (in the log) and the distance also "zeros" automatically. Everthing looks correct (mph is off about 8 mph) from start to finish (11.8 secs. later) except distance.

Any chance you have a road by you marked for a 1/4 mile? Maybe you could drive down it normally and log it to see if you get the correct distance in the DS. Other than that i'm stumped unless you mistyped your wheel size and whatnot in there. Any other ideas Bandit?

Thanks guys,
I have checked and double checked my preferences. If there is a problem with my entries I sure don't see it. I'll try some distance logging and see how it goes.