Direct Scan??

JeremysGN

Can you get the cable for the P.C. to the ECM anywhere else besides when you order Direct Scan. Does anyone have an extra?? How much & where can I get it?? What else besides the software do I need to hook up? THANKS Jeremy

DS cables

JeremysGN said:
Can you get the cable for the P.C. to the ECM anywhere else besides when you order Direct Scan. Does anyone have an extra?? How much & where can I get it?? What else besides the software do I need to hook up? THANKS Jeremy

Someone jump in here if I am wrong, but I believe a standard parallel printer extension cable is all that is needed from the PC to the DS black box. The other looks like a one port generic old run-of-the mill floppy drive ribbon cable. Don't treat that as gospel..... but I think that is correct.

JeremysGN said:
You mean there are two separate cable needed to hook this up??

Yes, one from the ecm to the DS unit, and then one from the unit to your laptop.

DS box

Is there anywhere to get the DS box seperate. I'm guessing its pretty much the critical piece (ie $$$) and the software is pretty much useless with out it.

JeremysGN said:
Is there anywhere to get the DS box seperate. I'm guessing its pretty much the critical piece (ie $$$) and the software is pretty much useless with out it.

You got it now....... :biggrin: