Digital LED Tailights for the TR

GN Digi-Tails Voltage Problems

Hey everyone,
First of all I would like to thank Scot W. and all those GN's that were affected by this voltage issue with your cars and our taillights, for your patience. We apologize for the delayed shipping as we are committed to providing only the best quality and will accept no less. All custom sets due to voltage issues have been changed and shipped. Please contact us with any questions contact us directly before posting any comments that may send any negative thoughts to this community.
Thank you all again,

Brian Santilli
Director of Operations
Spaghetti Engineering Corp.
Tel: 888.867.9309
Fax: 856.719.9990
info@spaghettiengineering.com

Hey everyone,
..Please contact us with any questions contact us directly before posting any comments that may send any negative thoughts to this community.
info@spaghettiengineering.com

I understand what you are trying to accomplish by your statement, but this board is for communicating among TR owner's....period. If you're going to take the good then you have to take the bad.

I think this board does a great job in policing itself and I am a little offended by you implication we should somehow censor experiences that may be less than perfect. In my opinion, that is not what this, nor any board should be about.

For the record, this is coming from someone who loves the product and has stated so in numerous posts on this thread. I have and will continue to be patient waiting for a resolution to this, acknowledged and reproducible problem, but by the same token I feel a responsibility to let my fellow board members know what's going on.

As Brian from Spaghetti said, To all partys involved who has contacted spaghetti with there voltage issue your LED sets were sent out today!

Scot W.

I understand what you are trying to accomplish by your statement, but this board is for communicating among TR owner's....period. If you're going to take the good then you have to take the bad.

I think this board does a great job in policing itself and I am a little offended by you implication we should somehow censor experiences that may be less than perfect. In my opinion, that is not what this, nor any board should be about.

For the record, this is coming from someone who loves the product and has stated so in numerous posts on this thread. I have and will continue to be patient waiting for a resolution to this, acknowledged and reproducible problem, but by the same token I feel a responsibility to let my fellow board members know what's going on.
Well I would like to coment on this myself! I personally done this project from ground up and have worked side by side with Spaghetti engineering and they always were about producing the best quality product possible to us.
Now, As a buick owner I know for a fact that there is ALOT of TR owners out there with no patients at all and want there product yesterday. With this said there has been alot of post's asking "any word yet?" then it's followed by a frown or confused face! That tends to send the wrong statement to new comers.

I have mentioned in several posts that when this issue was resolved I would post right away to let everyone know. (and I have done just that!!)
While Some have been real patient and there are still some have not been even after posting the progress!

You shouldn't be offended!! This wasn't an implication that we should somehow censor experiences that may be less than perfect. We both want to solve any issue the customer has and we just want you to have the best quality product possible.
What he ment by that was keep the simple questions for the phone to the company! It's much easyier.

From day one with these kit's there has been only a handfull of issues that popped up that were very simple issues and were solved with very simple solutions in a timely manner. Now this voltage issue recently popped up on some cars and we were on it right away to solve this issue also in a timely manner. Customers are sometimes quick to Post up a simple problem making it look like it's the product. And most of the time it wasn't a product failure at all, it was in the instalation. This in turn is not fair to the product!!!.. Customers are also sometimes quick to question the time it's taking and fail to think about what the company is doing for them to make there product the best it can be.. Also sometimes overlooked is > (Added R&D costs, Added quality control costs, Added shipping costs, Added parts & material costs, Added labor costs)

So let's let this company do there best and take there time so they can give us a real quality product in return..

Scot W.

I have been reading through all the post and wanted to say that you are correct that some people just are so impatient. I feel you have answered post with respect and more patience then some have deserved. I hope that all this works out for you guys and hope to get a led kit sometime in the future(87 gn still not on the road). There is one thing that I have learned about dealing with the public and that is YOU CANT PLEASE THEM ALL!!!. I say be cordial and polite in all responses(as you have done) and not get drawn into any arguments because some people love nothing more then to just argue and make you look like the bad guy.

this is my opinion and feelings of what I have read...if you disagree it is your right.

Scot! Received the new boards today, will work on the GN this weekend and hoping for good results.:biggrin:

I have been reading through all the post and wanted to say that you are correct that some people just are so impatient. I feel you have answered post with respect and more patience then some have deserved. I hope that all this works out for you guys and hope to get a led kit sometime in the future(87 gn still not on the road). There is one thing that I have learned about dealing with the public and that is YOU CANT PLEASE THEM ALL!!!. I say be cordial and polite in all responses(as you have done) and not get drawn into any arguments because some people love nothing more then to just argue and make you look like the bad guy.

this is my opinion and feelings of what I have read...if you disagree it is your right.
Thanks for the kind words and understanding!!

Scot W.

LED Update!!! PERFECT!!!

Well I recived my LED boards that had been re-worked for this voltage issue some of us were having.
I done absolutely NOTHING to the car since identifying this voltage issue!

All I simply done was remove the taillights and install the different boards....
I removed the taillights.
I disasyembled the taillights.
I removed one board at a time and replaced it with the new one.
* ALSO NO STOCK BULBS IN THE SOCKETS TO MAKE THEM WORK!!
Took 30min.
Headlights ON, Turn signal = Perfect!, Flashers ON = Perfect!
EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT!!! WALA!! PROBLEM FIXED!!
:biggrin:

I would like to personally thank Spaghetti Engineering for there support with this voltage issue and thank you for a nice product!!

Scot W.

BTW: Below is how I have mine hooked up...

To everyone involved with the recent voltage issue, If you could please post up and let us know how everything worked out for you!

Thank You!
Scot W.

Installed and seem to be working OK now. Thanks.:) One thing though, on the video you have on your signature it shows the inner tail board blinking as well when the headlights are on, mine does not do that. I am done messing with these any more and I am happy with just the outer ones blinking WITH the running lights on.

Installed and seem to be working OK now. Thanks.:) One thing though, on the video you have on your signature it shows the inner tail board blinking as well when the headlights are on, mine does not do that.
Mark the reason the inner board does not blink just like the one in my sig is simply because I had that changed after several people mentioned they didn't like that. So you should have no need to MESS with them as it's not a problem with the LED's or your hook up! Yours are working EXACTLY as they should be... :)

I'm done doing changes to the LED taillights as I come to realize I can't please everyone!

I will also be changing my sig video so it don't confuse anyone else.

Mark, Glade to see everything is working as it should now!

Scot W.

to ALL that havent seen these in person…

These things look AWESOME i was one of the Original group and unfortunately one of the batch that had voltage issues :frown: - Who knows it could be b/c i have cornering lights:confused: :confused: But anyway since the initial purchase i have been talking directly with Mike/Brian [Spaghetti] and w/ Scot and they have been diligently working "around the clock" to solve this voltage issue.............. well i just got in from the garage and ALL IS WELL!!!! - hell if the LEDs werent bright enough to light up my dark garage - my smile sure the he!! was:D Works flawless.... i think i was the last one w/problems.... so if you guys were holding out b/c of me.... DON'T!

And No, Scot isnt payin me for this - Hell, us "OGs" actually paid more for the initial run than the New and Improved version - so whover buys during this sale is getting a "hell of a deal" and actually; now im kinda pissed:mad: :p j/k BIG THANX GOES OUT TO SCOT FOR "SPEARHEADING THIS PROJECT AND MIKE/BRIAN FOR ALL THEIR INGENUITY AND R&D

-Aaron

Happy with mine as well since putting in the new boards. I always miss the sales too so don't feel too bad. Was showing them to the Buick crowd at the recent cruise at Panera Bread that a bunch of us went to.

I do however wished that both boards blinked when using the turn signal. The stock lights do that and think you would get more bang for the buck if the LED's did as well. Just seems to be a waste with the inner board doing nothing. Shouldn't be hard for them to make that adjustment as the inner boards do blink when using the hazard lights.

Happy with mine as well since putting in the new boards. I always miss the sales too so don't feel too bad. Was showing them to the Buick crowd at the recent cruise at Panera Bread that a bunch of us went to.

I do however wished that both boards blinked when using the turn signal. The stock lights do that and think you would get more bang for the buck if the LED's did as well. Just seems to be a waste with the inner board doing nothing. Shouldn't be hard for them to make that adjustment as the inner boards do blink when using the hazard lights.
Well quess what mark? The inner boards are not a waste seeing they are Brighter Brake lights! Brighter Running lights! I don't see that as a waste! :) Nothing is considered a waste when it's miles above the stock 20yr old lights!

BTW: These LED boards can be programed to do both lights! You just have to call Spaghetti Engineering as that is a special order and takes quite a bit of programing involved. Customer has to pay for this extra programing!! SO, It can be done!! A whole lot can be done to these LED boards but we could NEVER make one set that would please EVERYONE!! ;)

Mark It seems everytime you have posted you have just one more thing to add about these lights! Mark if your not 100% happy with your set I would personally be more than happy to refund your money! Mark if you would have mentioned this when spaghetti was building the new boards they could have built yours like that! Why come back now and mention how you would rather see them?

Scot W.

I like the way they work
If both inner and outer flashed it would look silly with the 'gap' from the center light.

I like the way they work
If both inner and outer flashed it would look silly with the 'gap' from the center light.
:) And if both the Inner & Outer boards flashed at the same time You would have NO brake light on that side just like the 20yr old lights!!! Thus elliminating the whole reason behind ADDING A BRAKE LIGHT for More Saftey!!!

THAT IS THE REASON WHY THESE BOARDS WERE MADE TO BE PROGRAMED!!!! To try and please everyone!!! Some you just can't please :rolleyes:

Scot W.

Voltage problem

What's up guys while I think that I am one of the last ones to get the new boards in. While so far I have only had a problem with the right tail light not blinking when the hazard lights were on, but every thing else is working fine.:cool: THANK SCOUT

What's up guys while I think that I am one of the last ones to get the new boards in. While so far I have only had a problem with the right tail light not blinking when the hazard lights were on, but every thing else is working fine.:cool: THANK SCOUT
Thank You!!

If you are experiancing a problem with the lights, Contact me or Spaghetti engineering and we will be more than happy to take care of it. With these taillights it's up to the customer or another shop to do the electrical installation therefore it's hard to diagnose most issues over the web. It's much easyier to solve over the phone where both of us can look at our cars to see where the problem is. ;)

Thanks Again!
Scot W.