Diffrence Between Regal t and Grand National

No GN's after 1987,Why they made the last one's so Fast! 86-87's are the ones to have for that reason...8^)

The celebration or going out with a bang as this platform was going away was the GNX. Celebrating for 2 years 86-87 is just too long of a party:confused: .

The celebration or going out with a bang as this platform was going away was the GNX. Celebrating for 2 years 86-87 is just too long of a party:confused: .

The GNX was a pure collectors car an the Final statement of the G-Body from Buick,Ever see a T-TypeX...either have I...8^)

Not to confuse the OP....
1) In 1987, the turbo cars that were not GN's should technically be referred to as Turbo-T's (except for WE4's which is basically a GN with alum bumper supports and drums; the lightweight option).
2) The previous incarnations of turbo cars that were not GN's are technically T-Types (except for the Sport Coupes of 1978 and 1979 I believe as Charlie noted above).
However, most of us call 'em T-Types generally. I'm pretty type A, so if I had an '87 that wasnt a GN, I'd be calling it a TurboT and would make it a point to correct anyone who didn't!!!
I hope I'm correct here or the pit-bull purists will attack!!!!

Now for my joke as to the difference between a GN and a T-Type (or other Turbo Regal):
No matter how SLOW your GN is, everybody thinks it's super fast!
No matter how FAST your T-Type is, everybody thinks it's a slow-poke (until you show them what your rear bumper looks like at full-throttle!!)

Not to confuse the OP....
1) In 1987, the turbo cars that were not GN's should technically be referred to as Turbo-T's (except for WE4's which is basically a GN with alum bumper supports and drums; the lightweight option).
2) The previous incarnations of turbo cars that were not GN's are technically T-Types (except for the Sport Coupes of 1978 and 1979 I believe as Charlie noted above).
However, most of us call 'em T-Types generally. I'm pretty type A, so if I had an '87 that wasnt a GN, I'd be calling it a TurboT and would make it a point to correct anyone who didn't!!!
I hope I'm correct here or the pit-bulls purists will attack!!!!

Now for my joke as to the difference between a GN and a T-Type (or other Turbo Regal):
No matter how SLOW your GN is, everybody thinks it's super fast!
No matter how FAST your T-Type is, everybody thinks it's a slow-poke (until you show them what your rear bumper looks like at full-throttle!!)

IIRC, the purists will say only the WE4 was the Turbo T as mentioned by GM. In 87 if it had a turbo but wasn't a GN or GNX then it was technically a Turbo Regal. However, the TR's had T badges on them and it was a T package. I refer to my 87 Turbo Regal as a Turbo T.

Yes. All 86-87 TRs have the same drivetrain regardless of whether they are a GN or not. The only possible variation That i'm aware of is whether the differential is a G80 or a pegleg.

Note that this statement doesnt apply to the GNX.

Poor guy - he may NEVER ask another question on the board!! Hell, he may say "Screw these things, I'm gonna buy a Mustang!!!"
Wait until he's on the Mustang board asking what the difference is between a GT and an LX 5.0. :D