Differential fill plug

mr84ss

Whats up family. I FINALLY got the diff drain plug out. Where can i get one with a better design, like one with a nut or square on the end of it for easier removal?

Whats up family. I FINALLY got the diff drain plug out. Where can i get one with a better design, like one with a nut or square on the end of it for easier removal?
What's wrong with the current design? Just put a short extension in the plug and take it out with a ratchet.

After wresting with this thing to get it out, i just dudnt want to go down that road again if i didnt have to. I thought maybe somebody wouldve improved the design of the plug after 30years

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Maybe yours was seized from never having been removed in the whole car's life (30 years)? I like the stock plug's design. I just do like "mikestertwo" said "put a short extension in it and unscrew with a ratchet…

Good luck,

Claude. ;)

I had the same problem. My local auto parts place had a Dorman plug that had a square on the end of it. Makes things much easier.

Ok thank you. I'll give that a try. That original design wasnt smart. I seen a lot of people had problems getting it out

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Put a magnetic one in and call it a day. Keeps the fuzz out of the bearings.