Different MAF????

85typet

ok on my 85 t swapped to a ic i have a maf on it with the plug parallel to the sensor and the one i bought from Advance auto have the plug coming directly out the bottom. whats the difference between the sensors with the plug out the side and the ones out the bottom.

The stock MAF was the one that comes out the bottom. The other style was used on 6 banger Camaro's and other cars. Run the correct one.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok thanks 1 problem though my car won't run with the maf that has the plug out the bottom who sells a good reman 1

That's why it is strongly suggested in changing to a LT1 / LS1 style MAF. They are plentiful & relatively inexpensive & the best part is they last! Don't seem to crap out like the stock MAF's do. It's always a crap shoot trying to find a rebuilt stock MAF that is calibrated properly. Besides the rebuilt MAFs are expensive...If you add up how much $ you're gonna spend replacing it over & over again, it will be a no brainer.

Best suggestion is to ante up and spend a few hundred bucks now on a translator & LT1 / LS1 MAF and be done with it.

I have (2) maf sensors for sale as well as a powerlogger and some other things if you're interested.

Ill try and get you a price by tomorrow night, I'm away for the weekend.
I also have 60lb injectors, innovate wideband o2, reds fuel pump w/ hotwire, and a CPT66 turbo if you're interested in them.